Multi filter board Shruthi 1?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
SSquirrel

Multi filter board Shruthi 1?

Post by SSquirrel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:19 am

So I was telling a friend of mine about the Meeblip SE and the Shruthi 1 and how they make a bunch of different filter boards for the Shruthi. He immediately hopped on the idea of trying to build one that incorporated a bunch of the boards. Anyone done this themselves or seen any vids of one like this? It looks like the Expander and Polivoks ones are both filter and mainboard and the rest are available individually. A couple don't have any chips included.

Maybe a triple width Shruthi w/the Polivoks and 4 Pole on either side w/the main system in the middle. Extra boards could be underneath the main and both side boards. Add controls to allow for switchable filters, maybe CV as well. Of course, w/the Polivocks, 4 Pole and main kit all included, you would have a 3 voice Shruthi w/a lot of filtering possibilities.

Just an idea. I have no electronics skill, so this would be a down the line, get my friend who is good at this kinda c**p kinda plan :)

Both boards:
4 Pole Mission Shruthi 1 35 Euro
Polivoks Shruthi 1 35 Euro

Filter board and chips:
Shruthi 1 Digital FIlter PCB 40 Euro
Shruthi 1 Dual SVF PCB 25 Euro

Filter board only:
Shruthi 1 SSM2044 15 Euro
Shruthi 1 CEM3379 VCF/VCA 15 Euro

Control board only:
Shruthi 1 Digital/Control PCB 15 Euro

Chips:
Programmed Chips 15 Euro

Projectile

Re: Multi filter board Shruthi 1?

Post by Projectile » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:05 am

Hmmm, it looks like there are few enough communication signals between the boards that you could probably put the connections on a big rotary switch. Should work, but I would think it would be more fun to have multiple Shruthi's.