Beepbloop.com is now live!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
condit79
Gear: 5U modular/STG/.com, Mopho, Sixtrak, Sprocket, xoxbox, juno 6, ESQ1, SY35, Ipad
Band: lvoe

Beepbloop.com is now live!

Post by condit79 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 pm

I just launched http://www.beepbloop.com. I'll be covering DIY audio and electronic music culture. The first post features the trash audio synth meetup at the Empty Bottle in Chicago. I'm based in the midwest so there will be a focus on local things, but have pieces in the works covering Eric Archer in Austin, STG Soundlabs, Hard Mod from Mexico City, and more. This post is all photos, but there will be a solid amount of interview and performance videos coming soon, so keep an eye out for new content.

I know this is shameless self promotion, but I just want to share this with my community of fellow synth nerds as that's the main focus of this project and thought you all might like to see what's going on. Any feedback is welcome and if anyone has ideas or knows about something I should be talking about, hit me up. I'm especially interested in DIY instruments, musical interfaces for intuitive playing, etc. I won't really be talking much about the bigger companies, but rather focussing on small production run companies and home tinkerers, along with the artists who use that kind of gear.

That being said, if you use something DIY or from a smaller company that you find especially interesting, are building your own synth, I'd love to chat.
soundcloud.com/lvoe

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Re: Beepbloop.com is now live!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:16 am

Nice job on the beginning! Best of luck with it.
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

dubold
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: sh-32, ms2000r, er-1mkii, laptop, various delays, wires, tubes

Post by dubold » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:07 pm

i just read the bit about Good Willsmith; they look interesting. The googles led me to this:

which has some pretty nice sounds. I'd like to read a bit more about the band in the intro, maybe something like a short interview or discussion of their methods before the tour journal? Personal preference though. Nice work, keep it up.

condit79
Gear: 5U modular/STG/.com, Mopho, Sixtrak, Sprocket, xoxbox, juno 6, ESQ1, SY35, Ipad
Band: lvoe

Post by condit79 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:11 am

dubold wrote:i just read the bit about Good Willsmith; they look interesting. The googles led me to this:

which has some pretty nice sounds. I'd like to read a bit more about the band in the intro, maybe something like a short interview or discussion of their methods before the tour journal? Personal preference though. Nice work, keep it up.
That's a great idea. I'll definitely be running a longer interview with them once they're back. They took off before I had a chance to get more info on them. I'll ask Max to add some background on the band in his first post.
soundcloud.com/lvoe