New Elektron box--Analog Four

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

Re: New Elektron box--Analog Four

Post by phesago » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:34 am

masstronaut wrote:2× assignable LFOs
1× dedicated vibrato LFO
2× dedicated waveshape LFOs
1× amp envelope
2× assignable envelopes
2× dedicated LFO fade envelopes
1× dedicated noise fade envelope
1× dedicated vibrato envelope
1× dedicated autobend envelope

That's a ton of LFOs end envelopes too. Phew.

:shock:

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:58 am

phesago wrote:let me get this straight? two dedicated cv outs for the sequenceR? thats pretty sick by itself, nevermind the synth engine. Someone correct me if im wrong...
Actually four CV or gate outputs, so you could use it as two CV/Gate pairs to control two voices, or as four clock/trigger outs, or as four CV outs to have tempo synced LFOs/envs etc.

masstronaut

Post by masstronaut » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:00 am

phesago wrote:let me get this straight? two dedicated cv outs for the sequenceR? thats pretty sick by itself, nevermind the synth engine. Someone correct me if im wrong...
Seems more like four CV outs.

DIN sync too.

And on another tip - an 8 * filter filter-bank mode for processing incoming signals I see.

They really are not f***in about with this thing.

phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

Post by phesago » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:06 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:
Actually four CV or gate outputs, so you could use it as two CV/Gate pairs to control two voices, or as four clock/trigger outs, or as four CV outs to have tempo synced LFOs/envs etc.
masstronaut wrote:
Seems more like four CV outs.

DIN sync too.

And on another tip - an 8 * filter filter-bank mode for processing incoming signals I see.

They really are not f***in about with this thing.
DUDES...... SIGN ME THE f**k UP.... Holy s**t this thing is cool! Looks Like I am buying something. To be honest, I thought I was done buying s**t for a very very long time... :shock:

hyphen nation
Gear: boxes that make noises

Post by hyphen nation » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:10 am

Yeah, to Stab's point, I always wait, and try to get a mkii of anything, but this thing has me going "pre-order right this f**k moment..."

Such a genius machine at a killer price...

cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Post by cartesia » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:26 am

Definitely a tempting package - I am cringing at the amount of dubstep people are going to make it though, using filter chain mode + the sequencer/lfos.

Computer Controlled
Gear: SH-101 . TB-3 . TR-8 . Juno-1 w/PG-300 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . Beatstep Pro . Pioneer RMX-500
Band: Computer Controlled

Post by Computer Controlled » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:31 am

At under $1200, this is a must buy!
Synths:
Avalon Bassline . TB-03 . JU-06 . MX-1 . Blofeld . MicroMonsta . Akai S5000
Drum Machines:
TR-09 . TR-8

trevordutton
Gear: Polivoks, FR XS, MS20, MEK, Blue Lantern modular, DRM MK111, Waldorf Pulse, Mini and Microbrutes, Analog filters galore

Post by trevordutton » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:31 am

Is it me or do the Soundcloud demos of this thing sound uber 303-y?

hyphen nation
Gear: boxes that make noises

Post by hyphen nation » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:10 am

trevordutton wrote:Is it me or do the Soundcloud demos of this thing sound uber 303-y?
Did you check out the other ones? Soundcloud stopped playing for me after the two atmospheres, but those two may have done enough to sell me on it...wow, I sound like such a fan boy...gotta turn it down a bit...

analoglsd
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Buchla Music Easel, TE OP-1, Korg MS-20, Yamaha RS-7000, Effects Pedals

Post by analoglsd » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:22 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:Wow, sounds really raw. I'd like to read the manual before I preorder but this is actually really tempting for me. I've been using the Octatrack as the brains for my eurorack setup and this would really compliment it. I'm not really one to buy a first rev unit though, I think I'd rather wait and pay a little more to know that they've got any manufacturing issues under control. Not that I think this unit is more likely than any other to have issues, I try to avoid any rev one units from any company.

If this is as fun to use as the other elektron units they're gonna sell a LOT of them. P-locking patch changes - madness!
+1 on the manual.
So, generally speaking, how much cheaper is the pre-order usually?
Weren't there quite a bit of problems with the first run of the Octatrack?
How are they with delivering on time?

The audio demos sound great, but I realize that I just listened to them on my girlfriend's old laptop, so I need to go back and listen to them on my monitors.
Pretty excited so far.
Waaay cheaper than I would have imagined.

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:49 pm

But why a smaller screen? I hope it still shows you a screen of the 10 knobs when you're tweaking.

kuroichi
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by kuroichi » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:20 pm

zoomtheline wrote:But why a smaller screen? I hope it still shows you a screen of the 10 knobs when you're tweaking.
I thought that could have been to decrease the cost, but I don't really have any idea.

It's looking like a all round good deal. Although I must say that personally its not much of a looker. The space between the master volume and level knobs looks weird to me. Wouldn't affect my purchase of one though, So that doesn't matter...
Come on Bennett.... Let's Party!

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:41 am

analoglsd wrote:So, generally speaking, how much cheaper is the pre-order usually?
That's a good question and kind of completely effects whether or not I'd be interested in preordering. If it's 20% off regular price it would be worth it IMO, 10% I'd rather wait. I guess there's no way of knowing until it ends though, which sucks a little bit.
Weren't there quite a bit of problems with the first run of the Octatrack?
There were a lot of people complaining about the OS not being finished, but Elektron were very upfront that not all the features were finished in the OS at the time of the hardware release. I got mine about a year after the first ones came out, just before OS 1.1 came out and it's been great for me. With an analogue device there's not much that can change in the OS so the synth part will be finished, it's only the effects and sequencer that could be updated later.
How are they with delivering on time?
Pretty good I believe.
The audio demos sound great, but I realize that I just listened to them on my girlfriend's old laptop, so I need to go back and listen to them on my monitors.
Pretty excited so far.
Waaay cheaper than I would have imagined.
Yeah this really offers a lot for a great price. I was just thinking about how it's not that much more expensive than four Monotribes.

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:52 am

Sweetwater has them listed for $1099.
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

bhrama
Gear: Sub 37, TR8, Streichfett, Tempest, P6
Band: Grit Lapse, Mangkind

Post by bhrama » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:52 am

Absolute short-term panic on the DSI Tempest forums for a bit. Quite entertaining. "Tempest Killer???!!!!" O.M.G. what shall we do...... :help:

I for one totally love all this new s**t coming out, even if I'm only going to buy a portion of it and understand even less. Progress, Progress, PROGRESS!!!
Glad to see there are still some crazy, genius bastards still down in their proverbial labs brewing up mad science for the masses. Just when you thought it was all recycle==rinse==repeat==BANG! New minds create great things from pages of the past.