New Elektron box--Analog Four

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
thestreets
Gear: Maschine Mikro, Electribe ESX, KP3, Korg R3, Microkorg.

Re: New Elektron box--Analog Four

Post by thestreets » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:16 am

Ordered one the other day. Order went through, card was charged...got an email a few days later telling me it's on backorder :cry:
I finally have enough money to afford I afford it I just want someone to take my goddamn money!

ejlif
Gear: Roland V synth Waldorf Q Roland Juno 106 MOOg slim phatty, Elektron analog 4, DSI P12, MS20 mini, Virus TI, Novation BSII,
Band: ejlif

Post by ejlif » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:49 pm

thestreets wrote:Ordered one the other day. Order went through, card was charged...got an email a few days later telling me it's on backorder :cry:
I finally have enough money to afford I afford it I just want someone to take my goddamn money!
Oh bummer. I was going to order mine from Sweetwater and I saw they were backordered for what sounded like could be a long time. I jumped over to B&H photo and they had in stock. I was gonna tell you to check there but I just looked and it looks like they are also backordered on it. Good luck. Someone's gotta have one.

megamanx
Gear: nord lead2, roland sh101, yamaha cs5,mono/poly, sub37,Ms20, Chroma polaris,prodigy, esq-1, jx3p
Band: Thieves & Co.

Post by megamanx » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:23 am

try proaudiostar, cool guys to deal with, might give you a discount just for asking

breitt

Post by breitt » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:49 am

Got mine at Novamusik/Kraft.
Elektron Analog 4

blavatsky
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: MV8800, Sub37, Integra 7, Mininova, Fusion, Biscuit, TimeFactor, SP-555, SP-404, SPD-SX
Band: Blavatsky

Post by blavatsky » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:44 am

The A4 is my first Elektron box, and even though it is laid out in a cool way, it's so different from other synths I still have not fully come close to being 'comfortable' with it. Part of it is, I had it sitting in another 4-5+ instrument setup (samplers, other synths, etc) and I really never was able to reliably tweak/use the real features with it in that fashion....I found that standalone (or as the internet attests, with other Elektron boxes) you can really delve into the complexity and p-locks/sequencer, etc....I think it's a keeper though, just will take more practice:

Pros
-Flexible, nice filters (OS update), decent 'raw' osc sound
-Great effects, especially delay reverb
-P-locks; cant get enough
-4 voice poly with update

Cons
-Tiny screen is hard to read/adjust
-Easy to accidentally not save/overwrite/clear something
-Lots of keystroke combos to remember to be efficient

ejlif
Gear: Roland V synth Waldorf Q Roland Juno 106 MOOg slim phatty, Elektron analog 4, DSI P12, MS20 mini, Virus TI, Novation BSII,
Band: ejlif

Post by ejlif » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:04 pm

blavatsky wrote:The A4 is my first Elektron box, and even though it is laid out in a cool way, it's so different from other synths I still have not fully come close to being 'comfortable' with it. Part of it is, I had it sitting in another 4-5+ instrument setup (samplers, other synths, etc) and I really never was able to reliably tweak/use the real features with it in that fashion....I found that standalone (or as the internet attests, with other Elektron boxes) you can really delve into the complexity and p-locks/sequencer, etc....I think it's a keeper though, just will take more practice:

Pros
-Flexible, nice filters (OS update), decent 'raw' osc sound
-Great effects, especially delay reverb
-P-locks; cant get enough
-4 voice poly with update

Cons
-Tiny screen is hard to read/adjust
-Easy to accidentally not save/overwrite/clear something
-Lots of keystroke combos to remember to be efficient
You got all that right. I am actually blown away at what a pain in the a*s this thing is. If it didn't sound so good I'd send it right back. But for me the sound is all that matters and this box makes some cool usable inspiring sounds. Even the pre programed songs and beats are very cool. It seems like it would be pretty fun to just sit with only this box and make music. I was expecting the build to be a little nicer too it's just OK.

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:46 pm

Give it a little time, It's a breeze once it clicks. I was lucky that I had a Machinedrum before the A4 so it was instant love.

breitt

Post by breitt » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:41 am

3 weeks into owning this little beast, and I can confidently say that this is by far, the most intuitive, creativity-inspiring sonic wunderkind I've ever owned. The entire songwriting process, from the initial sound-sculpting to the final sequencer arrangement is a joy with this machine. A tweaker's delight that is never frustrating (I'm talking 'bout you, Mr. Spectralis) and always fun.
Elektron Analog 4

calaverasgrande
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: MG1, MP201, MF101, MF102, Taurus 3, SH09, KPR-77, Streichfett, Dark Energy, X0Xb0x, Dronelab, Synsonics Drums, Machinedrum, Modular.
Band: N.S.V.

Post by calaverasgrande » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:17 pm

blavatsky wrote:The A4 is my first Elektron box, and even though it is laid out in a cool way, it's so different from other synths I still have not fully come close to being 'comfortable' with it. Part of it is, I had it sitting in another 4-5+ instrument setup (samplers, other synths, etc) and I really never was able to reliably tweak/use the real features with it in that fashion....I found that standalone (or as the internet attests, with other Elektron boxes) you can really delve into the complexity and p-locks/sequencer, etc....I think it's a keeper though, just will take more practice
there has to be an agglutinative German word for the inability to deep dive on a piece of gear when it is surrounded by other gear.I never really clicked with my MachineDrum until I had it at home by itself and all my other gear was at the studio. I am planning on picking up the A4 or the RTM after I move.
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave