Triton as FX unit

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
c-level
Gear: Juno106, JX10, JX8P, JX3P, MKS50, SY22, SH201, Micromoog, CP 251, Korg Legacy, Triton Rack, Ableton 9, APC40, Max/MSP, Focusrite Pro40, Jazz Bass.
Band: C-Level

Triton as FX unit

Post by c-level » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:29 am

For the purposes of this experiment, lets say Im trying to run a cheap transistor organ thru a Triton rack, and attempting to play with the rotary speaker simulator effect in real time to liven up the sound. Is there a way to use the Triton Rack with the inputs thru in Prog or Combi mode but without Sampling? Audio Thru only seems to work in sampling but you cant apply an effect?

Triton76

Re: Triton as FX unit

Post by Triton76 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:22 am

yes this can be done. I don't have the rack but I have the Extreme.
Plug organ into the sampling inputs. on the input pref tab in sampling mode set it to go thru IFX1. then you can chain up to five efx in IFX section.

*I see you meant in combi or prog mode. works great in sampling mode. you should be able to hear it in prog mode but doesn't come out quite right. not sure why. I play my Vermona monosynth thru the triton but only in sampling mode. Prog / combi I use the internal sounds of course or control a Voce V3....
Triton Extreme (MOSS), CP33, Vermona Lancet Mono, Yamaha TX81z,

c-level
Gear: Juno106, JX10, JX8P, JX3P, MKS50, SY22, SH201, Micromoog, CP 251, Korg Legacy, Triton Rack, Ableton 9, APC40, Max/MSP, Focusrite Pro40, Jazz Bass.
Band: C-Level

Re: Triton as FX unit

Post by c-level » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:30 pm

Triton76 wrote:yes this can be done. I don't have the rack but I have the Extreme.
Plug organ into the sampling inputs. on the input pref tab in sampling mode set it to go thru IFX1. then you can chain up to five efx in IFX section.

*I see you meant in combi or prog mode. works great in sampling mode. you should be able to hear it in prog mode but doesn't come out quite right. not sure why. I play my Vermona monosynth thru the triton but only in sampling mode. Prog / combi I use the internal sounds of course or control a Voce V3....
Also having trouble assigning the useful rotary speed knobs as the assignable "k knob1-4' under the filter as they are utilized during b3 presets?