New Moog

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Re: New Moog

Post by tekkentool » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:41 am

I'm not so sure why everybody is so nuts for another polyphonic moog, they've all in one way or another been turds or commercial failures in the past.

The kind of things polysynths require digital synths are kind of really good at, like running huge polyphony and VCO's...managing voices and multi-timbrality.

Just multi-track your little cheap moog mono if your d**k's that hard for poly moog goodness. Record the sequences then split the voices up... it's going to sound the damn same. That can't be harder than finding the 9001 dollars for the mythical Moog A6 Andromeda.

bochelli
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: minimoog polymoog memorymoog multimoog micromoog minitmoog and tons more.

Post by bochelli » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:13 am

It might be a new Moog but only a modern day one , as a company they should be breaking out by now , not a fan of them LP , LP sig, LP red, getting a little silly, release something thats wanted like a polysynth.
yamoto773

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:34 am

I get your point, I would like to see them implement more digital into their products (like the animoog in hardware) but perhaps still keeping maybe an analog filter or envelope gen.

I guess you have to ask how many times they can re-invent the wheel on this one, once you've seen one traditional architecture analog mono, you've pretty much seen them all - need to think out of the box and try something interesting/new, but unfortunately that spells risk and risk spells no go in this modern world. But it is what it takes to make something interesting IMO. :geek:

bochelli
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: minimoog polymoog memorymoog multimoog micromoog minitmoog and tons more.

Post by bochelli » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:04 pm

Hybrid88 wrote:I get your point, I would like to see them implement more digital into their products (like the animoog in hardware) but perhaps still keeping maybe an analog filter or envelope gen.

I guess you have to ask how many times they can re-invent the wheel on this one, once you've seen one traditional architecture analog mono, you've pretty much seen them all - need to think out of the box and try something interesting/new, but unfortunately that spells risk and risk spells no go in this modern world. But it is what it takes to make something interesting IMO. :geek:
Be it right or wrong i admire Dave Luce for the Polymoog, rather than talk about it , he did something, likewise as in the Memorymoog if both models had more time to perfect they would have been fine synthesisers, i feel Moog of today are sticking with what we see because within reason they have a sale , a sale yes but no drive.
yamoto773

Infinity Curve
Gear: SH101, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, lots of eurorack
Band: Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:09 pm

Hybrid88 wrote:
GuyaGuy wrote:
Stab Frenzy wrote: It's not, it's a picture a guy on muffs did after seeing the video.
Same guy that did the Maxitribe, in fact.
Darn you, Bob Borries!
Argh what an a*s, got me all excited haha :)
Same :evil: :lol:

Still interested though

code green
Gear: prophet 600/evolver/juno 6/alpha juno 2/bassst'n/crumar performer/jv1010/suitcase rhodes 73/ '78 gibson l6-s/'73 guild mahogany/'69 fender princeton
Band: thermite zapruder

Post by code green » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:02 pm

Gotta say, there's something about the sound of this one that I really like.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:20 pm

Amos used to be a pretty active user here, then he got a tech job at Moog and disappeared..but he probably can't give us unreleased info anyways.

Ned Bouhalassa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: A new German poly monster, an old BBC Brit, a vintage poly beast from NY, someone's older relative from NC, and Eurolicious patchables.

Post by Ned Bouhalassa » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:13 pm

You guys shitting on the MemoryMoog make me feel like taking the time to turn mine on and make a short tune, just to piss you off! :lol: :twisted:
My music: soundcloud
My analog synth videos nedonanalog
More about me: Mostly Human Music

Infinity Curve
Gear: SH101, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, lots of eurorack
Band: Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:26 pm

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:You guys shitting on the MemoryMoog make me feel like taking the time to turn mine on and make a short tune, just to piss you off! :lol: :twisted:
Do it!!

phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

Post by phesago » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:29 pm

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:You guys shitting on the MemoryMoog make me feel like taking the time to turn mine on and make a short tune, just to piss you off! :lol: :twisted:
hows ragging on the memory moog? I would love an LAMM Memory Moog :/ Ill let you know next time i have a buhzillion dollars

Carey M
Gear: Akai Miniak, Fender Chroma Polaris, Moog Sub Phatty, Roland SH-101, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Komplete 8, Reaper, iPad, beer
Band: Nightsatan

Post by Carey M » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:45 pm

Infinity Curve wrote:
Do it!!
He doesn't have the guts. LAMM LAME Memorymoog.. Pfft.

:mrgreen:

phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

Post by phesago » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Carey M wrote:
Infinity Curve wrote:
Do it!!
He doesn't have the guts. LAMM LAME Memorymoog.. Pfft.

:mrgreen:
:lol:

Ned Bouhalassa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: A new German poly monster, an old BBC Brit, a vintage poly beast from NY, someone's older relative from NC, and Eurolicious patchables.

Post by Ned Bouhalassa » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Gentlemen, I suppose I asked for it, but now that the gauntlet has been thrown, you leave me no choice! Even though I'm busy as s**t finishing a score... this challenge will be met within 48 hours. :hi:

Ned Bouhalassa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Ned Bouhalassa » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:02 am

BTW, tentative title: 18 VCOs MOFOs!

Cumulus
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Cumulus

Post by Cumulus » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:17 am

I heard they're going to call it the "MoogPho".

Seriously, what I'd like to see is a Moog analog drum machine.