Ever been tempted to sell everything and buy a Jupiter 6?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
themilford
Gear: Oberheim SYSTEM: OB8, DSX, DMX, DXa, Moog Taurus 3, Fender Bass IV LH (CS), Rickenbacker 620/6 (LH), Crumar Trilogy needing major repair.
Band: Season Finale

Re: Ever been tempted to sell everything and buy a Jupiter 6

Post by themilford » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:23 pm

zoomtheline wrote:Hold on a minute! Are mods deleting posts?
I'm sure I posted in here with a somewhat trivial pointless comment but now it's gone. Why? What is the point in deleting something like that? what are you gaining? A few lines of space?
Are only regulars allowed to join in on a joke?

What the h**l is going on with the mods here? Seriously, I like this board but sometimes I do wonder about the humour or lack of sometimes. You can't just close off people you don't like or ones that are not in your little circle.

*Awaits banning*
I don't think so... but the forum was down for a spell yesterday... I lost a post as well. I'll chalk it up to server glitching... and not mods acting like right prats.

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:31 pm

haha, in that case I apologise. I thought it was weird as I came on to have a look and it just wouldn't do anything so I googled the forum to see if I could bypass the main page but ended up looking at mentions on other forums about Mods on VSE being bastards and banning people willy nilly. Funny stuff.

Allthesound
Gear: Fatar Midi Controller & Ipad 3 with all available IOS Synths.

Post by Allthesound » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:20 pm

Yep same here my post was lost as well which im going to redo right now.
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Allthesound
Gear: Fatar Midi Controller & Ipad 3 with all available IOS Synths.

Post by Allthesound » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:22 pm

calaverasgrande wrote:
walkathon wrote:
solaristica wrote:Do it! You could always start over again. By the way, I played that same synth that was mentioned earlier in the thread, at Main Drag (last summer I believe)... They also had a Prophet 5 at the same time (but that lasted a couple of weeks there only). THAT was really tempting...
Yeah, something refreshing about wiping the slate clean, plus no troubles in refinding that kit again. That said, as someone else mentioned above, why not trying pairing an S612 w/ that AX60? Surprisingly inspiring combo.
dont those connect by a special cable? or is that the s900 and the AX80?

Yes it requires a special 13 pin cable. A direct replacement that is still availible and works perfect is the Roland GKC 13-Pin Cable. I used it on my setup without any issues.
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: it's all being sold to fund new gear

Post by wiss » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:26 pm

after you sell all your gear for a JP-6, remember the most important thing, get the Europa upgrade.
"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."

Pro5
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: OB-6 | SH-2 | JX-3P | JD-800 | Performer

Post by Pro5 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:29 am

I lost a post aswell - but assumed deleted because mentioned a seller's price on ebay.

Basically the guy bought the JP-6 for a decent price £1250 on ebay UK (last week sometime) - and not a week later he's re-listed it, or at least another jupiter 6 for £2450 - that is some mark-up! It won't sell. Not a chance. :roll: