Korg MS-20 Mini

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
garranimal
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Re: Korg MS-20 Mini

Post by garranimal » Fri May 17, 2013 3:16 pm

Shame on them :) Sometimes the factory has to deal w/ shortages in components that may be on back order themselves. I still conceive the day is coming the mini will be falling off trees littered everywhere like microkorgs. And we will be sick of seeing them. :lol:

Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Post by Walter Ego » Fri May 17, 2013 3:40 pm

garranimal wrote:I still conceive the day is coming the mini will be falling off trees littered everywhere like microkorgs. And we will be sick of seeing them.
Not me...I'll be at the foot of the tree snatching them up like ripe plums...
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

loungedumore
Gear: iMac | iPad 2| iPad Air
Beatstep Pro | Mpx8
Volca bass, Keys ,beats
Monotribe | MS20 | SQ1
Minibrute | Midi4+
Graphite 49 | EIE
Band: Death By Media

Post by loungedumore » Fri May 17, 2013 4:21 pm

...or maybe shops like GC use made up dates to collect our money so they can buy the large amounts they want ?
Some wish to leave their mark ... I want to leave a scar .
http://soundcloud.com/death-by-media

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Fri May 17, 2013 5:24 pm

Walter Ego wrote:
garranimal wrote:I still conceive the day is coming the mini will be falling off trees littered everywhere like microkorgs. And we will be sick of seeing them.
Not me...I'll be at the foot of the tree snatching them up like ripe plums...
Actually speaking of which, I wonder if all the hipsters wanting to replace their MicroKorgs will snap these up for the "it's analog, therefore it must be cool" factor and sell them off cheap when they realise they have to actually program the thing to make it make sounds :lol:

Re-Member
Gear: Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, JP-8000, MC-505, CZ-101, DX100, DX11, R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, Volca Series, Minilogue, Moog Theremin

Post by Re-Member » Fri May 17, 2013 5:44 pm

Hybrid88 wrote:Actually speaking of which, I wonder if all the hipsters wanting to replace their MicroKorgs will snap these up for the "it's analog, therefore it must be cool" factor and sell them off cheap when they realise they have to actually program the thing to make it make sounds :lol:
Well, the plus side to this is that we at least won't be hearing the same preset sounds everywhere. On the other hand, I saw some dude in a band performing with a Juno 6 not too long ago and he couldn't even be bothered to turn the filter knob. All he did was play a saw wave for the entire set, no envelope settings or anything. Snooze. It was pretty much there just for looks.

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: A hybrid of vintage and modern junk
Band: Variar

Post by Jabberwalky » Fri May 17, 2013 5:46 pm

rehash.
Last edited by Jabberwalky on Fri May 17, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by Jabberwalky » Fri May 17, 2013 5:50 pm

Re-Member wrote:
Hybrid88 wrote:Actually speaking of which, I wonder if all the hipsters wanting to replace their MicroKorgs will snap these up for the "it's analog, therefore it must be cool" factor and sell them off cheap when they realise they have to actually program the thing to make it make sounds :lol:
Well, the plus side to this is that we at least won't be hearing the same preset sounds everywhere. On the other hand, I saw some dude in a band performing with a Juno 6 not too long ago and he couldn't even be bothered to turn the filter knob. All he did was play a saw wave for the entire set, no envelope settings or anything. Snooze. It was pretty much there just for looks.
Yeah....saw that band "Clap your hands and say yea" in '05 or so. Dude had a juno60 set on a thin pulse patch the entire set. Sounded like s**t.

Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Post by Walter Ego » Fri May 17, 2013 7:40 pm

Re: Garrananimal's earlier astute observations--

I think one smart investment might be to start building an inventory of digital synths...CZs and DXs...I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this...then in 10-20 years, sell them off at ridiculous prices. You will have to pay storage unit fees and so forth, but it sure is tempting.
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by Jabberwalky » Fri May 17, 2013 10:02 pm

I'm sure people will call them proto digital or some s**t by then

Automatic Gainsay
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Minimoog, 2600, CS-15, CS-50, MiniBrute, MicroBrute, S2, Korg MS-20 Mini, 3 Volcas, Pro 2, Leipzig, Pianet T, Wurli 7300, Wurli 145-A, ASR-10, e6400.
Band: Godfrey's Cordial

Post by Automatic Gainsay » Sat May 18, 2013 1:21 am

When the day comes that the douchebags surrender their worthless MicroKorgs for MS-20 Minis... I can die in peace.
I will retire a kindly old man when I feel contempt for people patching every sound they use.
‎"I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -Charles Babbage
"Unity and Mediocrity are forever in bed together." -Zane W.
http://www.youtube.com/automaticgainsay

Kidney05
Gear: Juno 106, Tetra, Mopho Keyboard, Little Phatty Stage II, RX-5, Volcas, JX-3P, R5, 505, TX-7, D550, TX81Z, Korg MS-20 Mini, Minibrute, Six Traks, TR-8

Post by Kidney05 » Sat May 18, 2013 2:42 am

Jabberwalky wrote:
Re-Member wrote:
Yeah....saw that band "Clap your hands and say yea" in '05 or so. Dude had a juno60 set on a thin pulse patch the entire set. Sounded like s**t.
oh god... you just described my nightmare.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Sat May 18, 2013 1:54 pm

loungedumore wrote:...or maybe shops like GC use made up dates to collect our money so they can buy the large amounts they want ?
That's what video games stores do, so why not music stores. It's always a race to have the preorders out first, so people go to their store and leave their money waiting instead of the store across the street.

chinchilla

Post by chinchilla » Wed May 22, 2013 8:12 pm

If korg can make a ms-20 for $599, cant they make a ms-10 for around $350 or so?

And a sq-10 for $400? Vc-10 for $300

Who knows whats next man..

Sir Ruff
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Two persimmon modulators and a frequency adjudicator.
Band: Ruff in the jungle

Post by Sir Ruff » Wed May 22, 2013 11:00 pm

Bitexion wrote:
loungedumore wrote:...or maybe shops like GC use made up dates to collect our money so they can buy the large amounts they want ?
That's what video games stores do, so why not music stores. It's always a race to have the preorders out first, so people go to their store and leave their money waiting instead of the store across the street.
Except that none of these big online music stores take pre-order payments up front, so... :roll:
Do you even post on vse bro?

Kidney05
Gear: Juno 106, Tetra, Mopho Keyboard, Little Phatty Stage II, RX-5, Volcas, JX-3P, R5, 505, TX-7, D550, TX81Z, Korg MS-20 Mini, Minibrute, Six Traks, TR-8

Post by Kidney05 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:27 am

chinchilla wrote:If korg can make a ms-20 for $599, cant they make a ms-10 for around $350 or so?

And a sq-10 for $400? Vc-10 for $300

Who knows whats next man..
how is this idea still going around? The MS-10 isn't considered a classic like the 20, and the 20 is so cheap now I just doubt they'd go for that.

not to completely s**t on any speculation, it'll just be the 3rd or 4th time in this thread the whole ms-10 for 300 bucks has been mentioned...