Waldorf Rocket?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Re: Waldorf Rocket?

Post by tekkentool » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:42 am

calaverasgrande wrote: is that Moog Opus/Poly 800 style or does it have a seperate filter for each vioce?
I doubt it will have 8 filters.

The VCO just has a strange splitty detuner thing like the minibrute I guess.

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:08 am

Looks interesting, but what are the OSC's? VCO's, DCO's, Digital?

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Post by tekkentool » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:29 am

Considering the tune knob seems to entirely be there to create some sort of supersaw effect I'd hazard a guess at saying the oscillator is probably digital. I mean...it IS waldorf yeah?

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by Hybrid88 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:48 am

tekkentool wrote:Considering the tune knob seems to entirely be there to create some sort of supersaw effect I'd hazard a guess at saying the oscillator is probably digital. I mean...it IS waldorf yeah?
Well yeah, but the much anticipated Pulse 2 was going to be analog. Not sure what's up with this company, first the Stromberg, then no Stromberg, then the Pulse 2, then nothing, then this? WTF is going on?!? :lol:

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:02 am

I have the feeling that this is a relative of the Pulse 2... possible a low-cost cut-down version to compete with the other inexpensive monosynths

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:50 am

calaverasgrande wrote:apparently its poly?
It says it will do chords but is "not a real poly"
is that Moog Opus/Poly 800 style or does it have a seperate filter for each vioce?
Yeah, all oscs go through the same filter. I personally think that is really cool, paraphonic synths work really nicely with effects like overdrive.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:52 am

Hybrid88 wrote:
tekkentool wrote:Considering the tune knob seems to entirely be there to create some sort of supersaw effect I'd hazard a guess at saying the oscillator is probably digital. I mean...it IS waldorf yeah?
Well yeah, but the much anticipated Pulse 2 was going to be analog. Not sure what's up with this company, first the Stromberg, then no Stromberg, then the Pulse 2, then nothing, then this? WTF is going on?!? :lol:
Pulse 2 was always going to be digital osc into analogue filter. I reckon this is what the Pulse 2 turned into, don't see any real need for the rest of the functionality of the P2 if it's just going to increase the price. I love how any cheap analogue synths there are coming out at the moment!

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by Hybrid88 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:07 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:
Hybrid88 wrote:
Pulse 2 was always going to be digital osc into analogue filter. I reckon this is what the Pulse 2 turned into, don't see any real need for the rest of the functionality of the P2 if it's just going to increase the price. I love how any cheap analogue synths there are coming out at the moment!
Ahh I see, yes there is an abundance in choice at the moment - always a good thing :)

calaverasgrande
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: MG1, MP201, MF101, MF102, Taurus 3, SH09, KPR-77, Streichfett, Dark Energy, X0Xb0x, Dronelab, Synsonics Drums, Machinedrum, Modular.
Band: N.S.V.

Post by calaverasgrande » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:13 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:
calaverasgrande wrote:apparently its poly?
It says it will do chords but is "not a real poly"
is that Moog Opus/Poly 800 style or does it have a seperate filter for each vioce?
Yeah, all oscs go through the same filter. I personally think that is really cool, paraphonic synths work really nicely with effects like overdrive.
preachin to the choir. I had a korg poly 800 for years!
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 am

I'm trying not to buy anything and just knuckle down and get some music finished (even holding off on the MS20 and I have wanted one for a long time) but this looks really cool. A nice addition with virtually no learning curve Is a good excuse to add another instrument ha.

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:44 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:
Hybrid88 wrote:

The rest of the functionality: 3 oscs instead of 1...

where did you get the impression tht the pulse 2 had digital oscs? Especially since the page for it says:

"Three analog oscillators in combination with a true analog cascading filter is what Pulse and Pulse 2 have in common. But we didn't stop there. The filter circuits now also offer Highpass and Bandpass modes. We added analog Filter FM and Ring Modulation along with paraphonic modes that allow up to eight voice chords."

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:25 am

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:22 pm

Yeah, I like that. This and the Stylophone S2 (really!) are high on my list of want-to-play new synths. Funny how these little, cheap (relatively) instruments capture my attention. High fun factor, I guess, along with immediate gratification? Hmmm ...
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

Cumulus
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Cumulus

Post by Cumulus » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:06 pm

If I get one it'll be called the Waldorf Racket.

masstronaut

Post by masstronaut » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:55 pm

Not too bothered about getting one so I'll call it the Waldorf F*ckit for now.