JX8P Max4Live Editor

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

JX8P Max4Live Editor

Postby c-level » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:01 am

wanted to share a helpful jx8p editor for max for live that i found. especially useful with the recent max 4 live inclusion in the live suite package. just make sure sysex recieve is on on your jx8p!

now to make some crazy DIY arduino PG800 in the style of the "$200 Minimoog" controller....

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=556
c-level

Gear: Juno106, JX10, JX8P, JX3P, MKS50, SY22, SH201, Micromoog, CP 251, Korg Legacy, Triton Rack, Ableton 9, APC40, Max/MSP, Focusrite Pro40, Jazz Bass.
Band: C-Level

Re: JX8P Max4Live Editor

Postby GuyaGuy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:47 am

I use the iPG-800 and am pretty happy with it.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2012/ ... rogrammer/
GuyaGuy
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

Gear: YES PLEASE!

Postby girlfromthemoon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:40 pm

C-level — I love the idea of controlling my JX-8p from Ableton live, but am new to Max and can't get this working right.

First off — does it even still work with 2019 Ableton? (I see it was created many moons ago...)

I'm familiar with setting up the synth to receive midi — I used to use the iPG-800 with my iPad, worked great, but either my 10-year-old iPad is now obsolete, or something is wrong with my synth, because I can't get them to work together anymore.

Now I'm further suspicious something is wrong with my synth, as this Max4Live setup isn't working either. But I want to make sure I'm setting it up correctly (and that it's still compatible 6 years later)...

Thanks so much.
girlfromthemoon

Postby meatballfulton » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:09 pm

Use a MIDI Monitor program to check MIDI data in and out of the JX.

Make sure you haven't accidentally set your JX to ignore MIDI.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Return to General Synthesizers