LZX Video Modular

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

LZX Video Modular

Post by phesago » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:59 pm

So stumbled across this stuff and looks cool.

Anyone have any inPut? Are there other manufacturers? Does this stuff play well with other modular stuff? Like a maths or sequencer? Any input geeatly appreciated!

condit79
Gear: 5U modular/STG/.com, Mopho, Sixtrak, Sprocket, xoxbox, juno 6, ESQ1, SY35, Ipad
Band: lvoe

Re: LZX Video Modular

Post by condit79 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:00 pm

http://www.brownshoesonly.com/modules/
He makes a VCA and a Mixer. To an extent you can integrate control voltage, but apparently video can tend to need higher oscillation rates to be effective. The LZX stuff is top notch apparently. I know Brownshoesonly personally and have seen many of his live performances and it's really great in that sense. I know it's not a modular environment but you can make similar type visuals with some footage and Resolume Arena.

here's a couple of experimentations I did with it after using it for just a couple of hours. It's really easy to use as long as the footage you're using is small or has been re-rendered with their codec.

soundcloud.com/lvoe

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Re: LZX Video Modular

Post by Bitexion » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:04 pm

LZX Visionary is a line of EuroRack format synthesizer modules designed for creating and manipulating video and images.

What an odd concept..is it like the Fairlight video system from the 80s?