Request an analog on Roland's Facebook page!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Re: Request an analog on Roland's Facebook page!

Post by Walter Ego » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:37 am

Automatic Gainsay wrote:
volumetrik wrote:It seems that's what happens to people after being on forums for a long time usually with few thousand posts under them, they become mean, bitter, arrogant psychos.
:::pops head around corner::: Did someone call me?
At least someone has a sense of humor! This was getting real boring...
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:39 am

Hybrid88 wrote:The thing is volumetrik, you come here with this fantasy hoping people here will be on board with it, when in reality everyone but you realises it would be a much better use of your time
Sorry, but I side with Volumetrik. Maybe a majority of people here may think, but not everyone.

It is certainly less effort to ask for something than it is to criticize someone for wanting it. What's the worst that can happen by asking? Maybe we are let down if they don't listen but it's worth a shot.

It doesn't hurt to ask but it does hurt to criticize, no?
:happy3: :happy3: :happy3:

I for one wish there would be some modern Roland analog magic
:hifi:
‹‡›

hyphen nation
Gear: boxes that make noises

Post by hyphen nation » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:43 am

Automatic Gainsay wrote: :::pops head around corner::: Did someone call me?
You did make a bit appearance as "someone who waited a long time for a 2600" I think you and GuitarsAndSynths [name?] both were hunting for one of those at the same time, many years ago...

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:54 am

adhmzaiusz wrote:
Hybrid88 wrote:The thing is volumetrik, you come here with this fantasy hoping people here will be on board with it, when in reality everyone but you realises it would be a much better use of your time
Sorry, but I side with Volumetrik. Maybe a majority of people here may think, but not everyone.

It is certainly less effort to ask for something than it is to criticize someone for wanting it. What's the worst that can happen by asking? Maybe we are let down if they don't listen but it's worth a shot.

It doesn't hurt to ask but it does hurt to criticize, no?
People seem to have forgotten that criticism's role is to improve things. The world is full of music critics, art critics, restaurant critics etc and these people use their knowledge and expertise to let people know when their efforts are paying off and when their efforts need improvement. Where would the world be if everybody spared everyone else's feelings and never let them know when their idea was bad or a waste of time?

Maybe people who have been posting here for a long time have more experience and knowledge of VSE threads and are in a position to critique the threads and ideas of people who've joined more recently, that's not such a terrible thing is it? If people are getting upset because more experienced forum users have taken the time to carefully point out the flaws in their argument (you yourself said that it's harder work to criticise than to just agree) then the fault lies with the person who can't take the criticism.

Wanna see what happens when people avoid criticism for too long?

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:59 am

^ +1000, also don't confuse my intentions, no one would embrace a change in Roland's direction more than me.

But there is a way to go about things, taking on board more experienced people's advice and making informed decisions is part of learning and being a valuable forum member.

Verses coming here as a new member and telling people that have been into synths for a long time that they're wrong and not listening to any criticism to your ideas won't win you any credibility.

Dr. Phibes

Post by Dr. Phibes » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote: Where would the world be if everybody spared everyone else's feelings and never let them know when their idea was bad or a waste of time?
In a world full of critics?

But anyway, as painful as it is to admit, it would appear that Roland doesn't give two shits about what VSE thinks, so lets just move on.

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Post by balma » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:41 pm

Dr. Phibes wrote: In a world full of critics?

But anyway, as painful as it is to admit, it would appear that Roland doesn't give two shits about what VSE thinks, so lets just move on.

Now I agree with this. Anyway, when in VSE is time to criticize, threads consume several pages.
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma