Dream Synth(s)

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
bhrama
Gear: Sub 37, TR8, Streichfett, Tempest, P6
Band: Grit Lapse, Mangkind

Re: Dream Synth(s)

Post by bhrama » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:59 pm

shaft9000 wrote: How much is that much? I don't know where to begin pricing one...i've seen anywhere from $500 to over 3000GBP(!!) for a fully working model

as for "sub-standard"... don't care about any of that.
this is a dream synth and the point is nothing else makes for a sound quite like it...those vocal textures...that phaser arrangement. irrational lust abounds.
to be sure it's no proper synth, but how does that matter when this has the most haunting and glorious string/pad/sonic-goo sound ever? (imho)

Wowza! Thata things is a ghost machine.

Polarelch

Post by Polarelch » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Vermona Perfourmer Mk2
ARP Odyssey
DSI Prophet 12
Andromeda A6
Microwave Xtk

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:55 pm

I'm SO happy I snagged an Andromeda A6 before they went out of production. It is a wonder it got released at all, Alesis was against the project from the beginning. Only because of the designers diehard beliefs in making the "biggest analog polysynth since the cs-80" did it get made. Maybe they got some Alesis managers drunk before signing the deal.

ColorForm2113
Gear: tin cans and rubber bands
Band: Me twiddling in the corner...

Post by ColorForm2113 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:45 pm

Bitexion wrote:I'm SO happy I snagged an Andromeda A6 before they went out of production. It is a wonder it got released at all, Alesis was against the project from the beginning. Only because of the designers diehard beliefs in making the "biggest analog polysynth since the cs-80" did it get made. Maybe they got some Alesis managers drunk before signing the deal.
Keep rubbing it in ;) I remember seeing that in stores when I was first getting into synths and blew it off as a workstation type of thing. ..boy do I hate myself for that LOL
My modular so far: Q104, Q106, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M (x2 STEREO!)

BlackGnosis
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: See signature image.
Band: Eridani V

Post by BlackGnosis » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:48 pm

The latest gen Virus TI.

Done. :D
Ashe37 wrote:I find it funny that you're a guitar pedal snob and yet don't own a single analog synth.