Mystery Ensoniq SQ1 hidden LFO shapes?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
foodeater

Mystery Ensoniq SQ1 hidden LFO shapes?

Post by foodeater » Tue May 28, 2013 4:42 pm

I was editing a preset on the sq1 "LABrass" and when I went to the LFO page it said "ass1HiPa", and scrolling through I saw "Pass2HiP","oPass3Lo", "LoPass2L", "2LoPass3". The stranger part is that I can't go back to them after moving down the list. They definitely sound different than the regular LFOs when used as modulators.It'd be nice to access them normally though!

Is it because the battery is dead? Are they in the fizmo or any other ensoniq instruments?

I wonder if anything else is hidden?! They took out some of the VFX transwaves, but maybe they're locked up in there if you load a patch with them....

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Mystery Ensoniq SQ1 hidden LFO shapes?

Post by meatballfulton » Tue May 28, 2013 5:59 pm

Those are filter type names. No idea how they suddenly showed up in your patch! Is LA Brass a factory preset or a user patch?

All the "hidden" features in Ensoniq synths come about because of an address pointer getting set out of bounds and pointing at the wrong code. That's why once you run into them you can't easily get back to them. The extra transwaves are not in your SQ1, trust me.

If the battery was dead, you would lose all your user patches. If it's just dying, you could get corrupted user patches.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

foodeater

Re: Mystery Ensoniq SQ1 hidden LFO shapes?

Post by foodeater » Wed May 29, 2013 12:55 am

It's a factory patch. I quickly checked all the other patches and no others use these as LFO shapes.