Archangel Sequencer

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Archangel Sequencer

Post by Walter Ego » Thu May 30, 2013 2:00 pm

Wow...anyone seen this? Jon from Travelogue posted it on his blog. Very cool cutting edge tool...

Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

edfunction
Gear: sh-101, monomachine, nordmodular, esx1, nova, jx3p, jx8p, prophet vs, dx200

Re: Archangel Sequencer

Post by edfunction » Thu May 30, 2013 4:33 pm

Looks like a slightly updated Serge TKB.

droolmaster0

Post by droolmaster0 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:22 pm

It is definitely designed along the lines of the tkb...

As of a few years ago, it was going to ship 'imminently'. As far as I know, it hasn't shipped yet (?), or has just begun to. I wound up transferring my preorder...

It looks pretty cool. I remember researching back when it was announced, and I have a memory (possibly erroneous) that there is no unquantized pitch output, which pretty much rules it out for me. But perhaps that's not correct.

edfunction
Gear: sh-101, monomachine, nordmodular, esx1, nova, jx3p, jx8p, prophet vs, dx200

Post by edfunction » Thu May 30, 2013 8:42 pm

It definitely looks cool. Not sure how much use the weird chasing sequence thingy in the video would be but quantized output would be great!

I use to have a serge with a tkb but the thing that annoyed me was how close together the knobs were, these look like they have a bit more. Not sure though.

@droolmaster: How much was the asking price when you ordered? Can't imagine cheap...

droolmaster0

Post by droolmaster0 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:49 pm

edfunction wrote:It definitely looks cool. Not sure how much use the weird chasing sequence thingy in the video would be but quantized output would be great!

I use to have a serge with a tkb but the thing that annoyed me was how close together the knobs were, these look like they have a bit more. Not sure though.

@droolmaster: How much was the asking price when you ordered? Can't imagine cheap...
It was a few years ago and I can't remember, but the pre-order price was a few hundred cheaper as I recall.

groy

Post by groy » Thu May 30, 2013 10:24 pm

droolmaster0

Post by droolmaster0 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:17 pm

Still not available. "pre order"

groy

Post by groy » Thu May 30, 2013 11:38 pm

I know, sorry I should have been clear - was just linking because the price and more info and videos are there.

suitandtieguy

Post by suitandtieguy » Fri May 31, 2013 7:54 am

AH got a couple units in already and they sold. the rest of their order should be there soon. as far as i know, everyone who ordered one and was waiting on it has theirs now.

the spacing is identical to the TKB but the knobs are slightly different, and yes "TKB for the rest of us" was the original concept, but it's much more than that now i think.
http://stgsoundlabs.com is where i sell things
http://suitandtieguy.com is my personal/music website
http://suitandtieguy.livejournal.com is my LJ, no blogistan for STG yo.

droolmaster0

Post by droolmaster0 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:54 pm

suitandtieguy wrote:AH got a couple units in already and they sold. the rest of their order should be there soon. as far as i know, everyone who ordered one and was waiting on it has theirs now.

the spacing is identical to the TKB but the knobs are slightly different, and yes "TKB for the rest of us" was the original concept, but it's much more than that now i think.
Can you send out unquantized cv?

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:20 am

droolmaster0 wrote:
suitandtieguy wrote:AH got a couple units in already and they sold. the rest of their order should be there soon. as far as i know, everyone who ordered one and was waiting on it has theirs now.

That's the very first thing shown in the video posted at the start of this thread. ;)

droolmaster0

Post by droolmaster0 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:30 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:
droolmaster0 wrote:

That's the very first thing shown in the video posted at the start of this thread. ;)
Videos?!!! I don't need no stinkin' videos...

droolmaster0

Post by droolmaster0 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:34 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:
droolmaster0 wrote:

pt 2 of response. f**k yeah! It looks like this thing turned out very well. you know, I don't use sequencers as much as I used to, but I might just have to make an exception for this - down the road when I have some $, or when I finally sell something....

This is very nice to see. I suppose I got a bit cynical after such a long 'gestation' period.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:49 am

Yeah it's actually incredible what it can do. I've made similar things with the Nord G2 and Max4Live but never had all the functionality in one easy unit that's so immediate. I don't have the money for one but I'd be looking at it very seriously if I was sitting with the cash in my hand that I spent on Rene, Ardcore, uScale and a PP+B combo that I use for sequencing at the moment...

perfectdefect
Gear: MPC1000 Kingston MS20 Sigma PolySix JU60 JU106 RS09 TR66 200A Micro Opus 3 Stage 73
Band: infinite now

Post by perfectdefect » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:15 am

I had been looking for an SQ10 or Arp sequencer or something similar... this may be the way to go!