Archangel Sequencer

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
plikestechno
Gear: Lots. See sig.

Re: Archangel Sequencer

Post by plikestechno » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:27 am

Looks fantastic, have heard nothing but good things about it which seems to be rare for a new product hitting market these days. It's neat that the gestational period of the project allowed basically every function possible to be included. This gets the motor running much harder than the Cirklon does for my purposes. I already have a boatload of sequencers but this would be the kind of thing worth selling a boatload of sequencers for.
Serge/Modcan A/MOTM/Frac/Phenol/Andromeda/Jupiter6Europa/OctaveCatSRM/ARPSolina/ARPPro Soloist/Pro2/Korg770/Juno60/Lambda/Anamono/Little Deformer/Integra7/Microwave1&2/Syncussion/FS1R/Microkorg/Xoxio/VL1M/JD990/MKS50/TX816/DSS1/KARP/TG33/OCoast/SC40

edfunction
Gear: sh-101, monomachine, nordmodular, esx1, nova, jx3p, jx8p, prophet vs, dx200

Post by edfunction » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:52 pm

plikestechno wrote:Looks fantastic, have heard nothing but good things about it which seems to be rare for a new product hitting market these days. It's neat that the gestational period of the project allowed basically every function possible to be included. This gets the motor running much harder than the Cirklon does for my purposes. I already have a boatload of sequencers but this would be the kind of thing worth selling a boatload of sequencers for.
It does look awesome! I guess the cirklon caters better for a midi-oriented set-up (better for me). If I had a modular I'd be all over the archangel though. I personally wouldn't be going for any vintage sequencers these days with what's around at the moment.

condit79
Gear: 5U modular/STG/.com, Mopho, Sixtrak, Sprocket, xoxbox, juno 6, ESQ1, SY35, Ipad
Band: lvoe

Post by condit79 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:59 pm

This sequencer is absolutely worth the money, IMO. To get this kind of functionality in one unit is really unheard of. Sure, it took a long time to come to market, but that's normal for a small company making an ambitious product launch and there are so many elements that needed to come together for it to be RIGHT. I'd prefer waiting and stuff to be done well vs. the current standard of release and update during the first year via firmware.
soundcloud.com/lvoe