DSI Prophet 12 release date?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Re: DSI Prophet 12 release date?

Post by Bitexion » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:37 pm

droolmaster0 wrote:I was joking to some degree about the presets....I suppose that they sounded ok, but I'm generally looking to start from scratch and make very untypical synth sounds. What I'd really like is for all of the slots to be filled by the 'basic patch', but it's not really a big issue because it's very fast and easy to initialize one of the presets.
If the synth has a librarian/editor software thing for PC/mac, you could wipe the presets by copy/pasting a init patch to every slot and send the whole "init" bank to the synth via MIDI, I guess..but you'd probably regret it.

I was mortified when I did a file transfer mistake on my Motif XF and wiped all the user banks with an Init patch.
Felt like my new synth was "broken". After some frantic googling and forum activity, I found I could just restore factory presets with a few button presses and all was fine again.

droolmaster0

Post by droolmaster0 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:46 pm

Bitexion wrote:
droolmaster0 wrote:I was joking to some degree about the presets....I suppose that they sounded ok, but I'm generally looking to start from scratch and make very untypical synth sounds. What I'd really like is for all of the slots to be filled by the 'basic patch', but it's not really a big issue because it's very fast and easy to initialize one of the presets.
If the synth has a librarian/editor software thing for PC/mac, you could wipe the presets by copy/pasting a init patch to every slot and send the whole "init" bank to the synth via MIDI, I guess..but you'd probably regret it.

I was mortified when I did a file transfer mistake on my Motif XF and wiped all the user banks with an Init patch.
Felt like my new synth was "broken". After some frantic googling and forum activity, I found I could just restore factory presets with a few button presses and all was fine again.

hah. no. I would not regret it. I simply do not use presets.

danbroad
Gear: TSC4 P12 NI9

Post by danbroad » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Well, to celebrate I just bought a Prophet 08. Only 5 years it took to make that decision..... I'm sure it'll be continued but the P'08 is still too good a synth to miss out on. The P'12 seems to me more an extension of the Evolver mindset [yes, the obvious differences] than an evolution of the P'08 - and that's no bad thing, diversity is excellent. I'd have a much harder time deciding between a PEK and a P'12 than between the two prophets themselves.

Still, kudos to Dave who is really pushing the envelope as to what a modern hybrid should do. If ever there was a guy qualified to diversify and build on history, it's the guy who helped make that history happen.
Less words more noise

Jinsai
Gear: Alesis Ion
JX-3P w/Kiwitechnics
Nord Lead 2
Poly Evolver Keyboard
Prophet 12
Tempest
Assorted basses, guitars, software
Band: Sid Luscious and The Pants

Post by Jinsai » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:04 pm

Copying patches is actually really, really fast - you can hit "WRITE", turn a soft knob one click, and then keep hitting write, turning one click and overwrite a whole bank in maybe a minute.

I have finally had some time to dig in to the synth. It's really, really good. The "oscillator slop" paramater is now quite useful, and can go from "is it doing anything" to "that is BROKEN!". A bit of it on one or more oscillators is great for "analog vibe". I'll go ahead and write up a full post in a new thread.
--
"A musician is someone who's heard a lot of music" - Pierre Boulez

droolmaster0

Post by droolmaster0 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:21 am

Jinsai wrote:Copying patches is actually really, really fast - you can hit "WRITE", turn a soft knob one click, and then keep hitting write, turning one click and overwrite a whole bank in maybe a minute.

I have finally had some time to dig in to the synth. It's really, really good. The "oscillator slop" paramater is now quite useful, and can go from "is it doing anything" to "that is BROKEN!". A bit of it on one or more oscillators is great for "analog vibe". I'll go ahead and write up a full post in a new thread.
I actually do no how to save a sound. thanks.