Sequentix Cirklon - anyone use them?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Sequentix Cirklon - anyone use them?

Post by rob_lee » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi there,

For a while iv'e been searching for a good hardware sequencer after my good old Roland MC50 MKII died a few months back so i stumbled across this below in the image. Does anyone have any experiences with the unit? What's it like etc etc etc.

From the video on the page it seems to be a top notch bit of gear.

CIRKLON

Thanks in advance for any info.

Rob

tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Re: Sequentix Cirklon - anyone use them?

Post by tomorrowstops » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:34 pm

I almost pre-ordered one myself when they first came out, but the cost just freaked me out too much. Its definitely got to be the be all, end all for hardware sequencers though. Especially if you have multiple machines to drive. If you've got CV driven gear, don't forget to factor the extra cost of the CV breakout box! (unless they've changed that since I looked)

rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by rob_lee » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:43 pm

tomorrowstops wrote:I almost pre-ordered one myself when they first came out, but the cost just freaked me out too much. Its definitely got to be the be all, end all for hardware sequencers though. Especially if you have multiple machines to drive. If you've got CV driven gear, don't forget to factor the extra cost of the CV breakout box! (unless they've changed that since I looked)
Thanks for the input mate. Yeah pretty pricey but maybe a good investment for me. I have quite a lot of hardware synth here i wanna run through this. I'm gonna look more in to the CIRKLON and maybe treat myself for christmas.

Current gear:

Access Virus TI2 Desktop
Mopho X4
Jomox M'Brane
Jomox 999 (on order)
Waldorf Blofelds x2
Waldorf Pulse2
Novation Bass Station 2
Novation Nova Desktop
Novation Nova II 36 Voice KB
Roland XP30
Emu Orbit 3
Emu Orbit 2
Roland MDC-1
Roland MVS-1
Roland SH-32

I got more in boxes but the above is what i wanna try on the CIRKLON for now.

Thanks

Rob

Percivale
Gear: Blofeld, Juno-106, AN1X, MB-6582/SEQ V4, etc

Post by Percivale » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:58 am

Agreed. A top notch sequencer. The prohibitive cost had kept the Cirklon in my wish-list rather than my buy-list.

schmidtc

Post by schmidtc » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:15 pm

I've been using a Cirklon to control most of my studio and very much enjoy it. It's a gift to yourself that keeps giving.

rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by rob_lee » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:35 pm

schmidtc wrote:I've been using a Cirklon to control most of my studio and very much enjoy it. It's a gift to yourself that keeps giving.
Thanks for the reply, sorry never seen it :-)

Yeah well early 2014 this will be my next investment. Seems to be a top notch bit of gear. Been watching the videos again and it looks to be exactly what i'm looking for.

Rob

analogsweden

Post by analogsweden » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:42 pm

It's a great machine - super high quality hardware made for using and lasting a long time. The interface is great, very intuitive. If you don't want to use a computer and have something with rock solid timing, this is the piece to get. I used it for a live project, playing almost five hours straight without any sign of hickups controlling a huge pile of analog gear.

rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by rob_lee » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:36 pm

So a few years later I finally decided to go for one of these. Just had confirmation from Barbara that I'm on the list and the next units will be ready second half of 2016 - Happy!

PS

Does anyone have a PDF manual I can have to stick on my iPad and read up in my spare time?

Rob