New analog Arturia synth?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Re: New analog Arturia synth?

Post by Bitexion » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:23 am

Indeed, it can do soft and nice sounds, the "ubersaw" waveform is basically a chorused sawtooth wave, where you adjust the "speed" with the slider.It goes all the way from really slow beating (like 2 vcos slightly detuned) to "hoover type" fast chorusing.
So you can do some reaaaally nice 2-3 VCO sounds with just one oscillator. Don't have to make the filter howl and scream either every time.

Most of the youtubers who show it off wanna go straight for the nasty stuff, since that is more or less the selling point of the synth.

Another nice thing about the VCO is that you can mix all the waveforms at various levels. Don't always have to go all the way on the Metalizer.

Aaron2
Gear: Pioneer: Toraiz SP-16
Elektron: AK, AR, MnM, MD, OT
DSI: Evolver, MEK, P08, Pro2
Korg: Arp Odyssey
Waldorf: Blofeld Keyboard

Post by Aaron2 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:58 am

sentientprogram wrote:Yeah a-a-ron (Aaron.) I'm not as technically inclined as say Automatic Gainsay, but I'm having a hard time recreating sounds off the mini in a good way. I'm not sure if the mixer or extra env settings on the oscillator section of the mini have anything to do with it, but this little guy sounds pure and up front in a mix.
OT: I love me some Key & Peele! Thanks for linking to that video! :lol:

commodorejohn
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, Oberheim SEM

Post by commodorejohn » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:00 am

Just watched Automatic Gainsay's videos for this thing. Holy s**t. Despite my skepticism re: the missing features, that's one h**l of a sound for $200. I'm still keeping my eye out for a good deal on a Minibrute, but I have to admit I'm tempted to just grab one of these suckers.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73