Korg is on a roll (Little Bits)

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Percivale
Gear: Blofeld, Juno-106, AN1X, MB-6582/SEQ V4, etc

Re: Korg is on a roll..........

Post by Percivale » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:36 am

Hope they will sell this box/board

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:24 am

I think someone had a bit too much coffee on a very late meeting...

Alex E
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus C, Super Bass Station, M1r, TX81z, S760, Nord Rack 2, Nord Lead 3, JP-8000, JV-2080, SY99, Trinity Plus, EMX1, TB-03. Live 9, iMac MC309XX/A

Post by Alex E » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:32 am

bochelli wrote:part working
So like most of your gear?
soundcloud.com/vectron

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:37 pm

You old fuddy duddies! I'm going to buy these for my son. They could make synthesis even more fun to learn at an earlier age. that can only be a good thing, It's certainly better than spending a s**t load of cash on toy figures that will have no relevance in a year or so. Plus, I can use it too.

bochelli
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: minimoog polymoog memorymoog multimoog micromoog minitmoog and tons more.

Post by bochelli » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:46 pm

Alex E wrote:
bochelli wrote:part working
So like most of your gear?
Im not a great fan of Korg I always thought they belied their potential, considering you could make this gear much cheaper its another example of a once major company going down the Maplin route Roland will follow suit soon, like so much gear new its run its course, ive seen the kits from about £175 to £245 , what did it cost to make the bits, peanuts I feel in a earlier post tiny Arp modules were true operational blocks which required no construction two different things grow up or shut up Korg.
yamoto773

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:20 pm

I think there lies the problem. You did grow up. You're like the busy father in all those Christmas films.

ryryoftokyo
Gear: Metal, plastic, wood, and electricity.
Band: Tarot Sync

Post by ryryoftokyo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:30 pm

I'm looking at this as a stepping stone to greater things. As it is, I'm excited about what these little modules present. It's a chance for those of us without crazy money to enjoy some modular fun. Sure, they will be toy-ish in the same way the Monotron line was, but tell me you didn't have fun, you weren't excited about them, and they didn't make an appearance in any music. You want MIDI or CV control? I'm sure somebody will mod these in the same way they did the Monotron and Monotribe. Personally, I'm excited to be able to configure a synth to my specs and should I desire to house it in something, I can do that. If I want to mod it to interact with MIDI or CV messages, I'll do that. Use your imagination. I'm sick of people complaining because they lack imagination. You want a modular? Buy a dotcom, a Doepfer, Pittsburgh, Buchla, whatever and be glad you have the money to own one. Don't have the money to invest in a modular? Maybe you'll want to consider one of these.
MU Modular (Moog, Dotcom, STG, Analog Systems, and Moon modules), MS20 (x2), Microbrute, Electribes (EA-1, EMX), microKorg, AN1x, Nord Lead 2x, Blofeld, Alpha Juno 2, DX7, JX8P, Poly 61 (x2), Split 8, TR-505, Monotron Delay, Ace Tone FR-3, Paia Fatman

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Sure, it's kind of cool to "build your own modular synth" in a way..depends what the actual circuits will cost.

mute

Post by mute » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:07 am

anyone who attempted to make electric music/sound on science lab 100-in-1 type kits from ratshack, etc., when they were kids will think this is the coolest thing ever. count me among them. I wonder how well they'll play along with the other kits that littlebits makes..

sourwookie
Gear: ARP Solus, Roland SH-201, Korg MS2000, Nord Electro 3, Volca Keys and Beats,Roland Juno D

Post by sourwookie » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:05 am

*I can't wait until a MIDI input module is created for this.

*Do the oscillators have an LFO mode? If not, will they release an LFO module for this?

*Aside from the bundled speaker, what are the audio out options on this?

*It seems the key to getting functionality from this rivaling modular synths is going to come from having plenty of the Splitter and Mixer modules. Stock up on those when they start doing a la carte sales.

*What do the oscillator modules accept as input? If I were to run an envelope module into one would it control the pitch? Same with the filter?

EDIT: Seems there are already a surprising number of routing "bits" both available and planned here: https://littlebits.cc/bits

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Post by tekkentool » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:59 am

bochelli wrote:Stupid silly trash a Transcendent 2000 part working would blow this rubbish away.

worst post of all time, congratulations.

Cumulus
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Cumulus

Post by Cumulus » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:01 pm

Another new product thread where people are complaining about affordable analog synthesis.

I sure do hate when a major synth company puts out a product that is affordable and might introduce a whole new generation of kids to synthesis.

SMH.

bochelli
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: minimoog polymoog memorymoog multimoog micromoog minitmoog and tons more.

Post by bochelli » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:29 pm

tekkentool wrote:
bochelli wrote:Stupid silly trash a Transcendent 2000 part working would blow this rubbish away.

worst post of all time, congratulations.
When this electro lego gear becomes boring and on the shelf we will review then too many people are in awe so easily of new products not really new are they.
yamoto773

tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Post by tallowwaters » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:50 am

Just ignore these pretentious bullshit posts. He trolls every thread about new gear extolling the virtues of his various crusty old synths that spend more time getting looked at than played.
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.