Moog Sub 37

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
genshi
Gear: Arp Odyssey
DSI MEK
MiniBrute
Korg MS-20mini
Nord Lead
OP-1
Octatrack
Moog Mother-32 (x3)
Moog Sub37
Roland JP8000/JV2080
Waldorf MicroQ/Microwave XTk
Band: jido-genshi, Science Patrol...

Re: Moog Sub 37

Post by genshi » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:20 pm

Ok, here is the latest from Amos over on the Moog Forums... should help to clarify things:
Amos at the Moog Music Forum wrote:It works a bit like this: Moog delivers a shipment at a time to international distributors, and then the distributors have their own system for allocating the units they receive to their various dealers.

So, Moog ships a pallet or two of Sub 37 to Source in the UK every month or so, but it's up to Source as to which of their many dealers receives units from each shipment. This means that there's no way for Moog Music USA to know when your dealer in particular is going to receive more units, as that piece of the schedule is determined by the distributor.

The rate of Sub 37 production has ramped up to its highest level yet, so the remaining back-orders should start to be filled more quickly.

I'm very sorry for the wait! It will be rewarded.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:39 pm

I wish Amos was still posting here *sigh*
He went into Moog stardom and we were not good enough anymore :P

genshi
DSI MEK
MiniBrute
Korg MS-20mini
Nord Lead
OP-1
Octatrack
Moog Mother-32 (x3)
Moog Sub37
Roland JP8000/JV2080

Post by genshi » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:03 pm

Bitexion wrote:I wish Amos was still posting here *sigh*
He went into Moog stardom and we were not good enough anymore :P
Or he's busy actually working on the next firmware update and doesn't have time to go to every single music forum just to placate the pitchfork wielding hordes... ;)

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:30 am

*Yawns at Genshi* ;)

Amos replied to my query and I am very thankful of that. He's a cool guy. Many people (the pitchfork wielding hordes) will have cooled down towards Moog I imagine because of that little message by a thoughtful Moog employee as no one seemed to be getting answers from Moog by email.

Still looking forward to this beast. I could do without the the buildup to a date then the comedown when it does not happen so I will just chill and when it comes it comes. The initial reason I wanted it when I did has past now anyway.

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:34 am

yeah i don't think Moog has much of a grasp on the whole social media management thing yet. Of course, I'd do it for them. Partial payment could be arranged in hardware :D

genshi
DSI MEK
MiniBrute
Korg MS-20mini
Nord Lead
OP-1
Octatrack
Moog Mother-32 (x3)
Moog Sub37
Roland JP8000/JV2080

Post by genshi » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:06 pm

zoomtheline wrote:*Yawns at Genshi* ;)

Amos replied to my query and I am very thankful of that. He's a cool guy. Many people (the pitchfork wielding hordes) will have cooled down towards Moog I imagine because of that little message by a thoughtful Moog employee as no one seemed to be getting answers from Moog by email.

Still looking forward to this beast. I could do without the the buildup to a date then the comedown when it does not happen so I will just chill and when it comes it comes. The initial reason I wanted it when I did has past now anyway.
I don't get why you'd "yawn"at me? All I've tried to do is be helpful, including passing on the message that Amos posted on the Moog Forums. But you know, enough, I'll just stop trying to help as obviously nobody gives a sh*t...

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Stop being so bloody serious please :) My little sigh was just because Amos actually was an active poster here, and he was dabbling into getting hired at Moog and we encouraged him along. So he's kind of "our guy" 8-)

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:05 am

I think it was me he took offense to Bitexion.
I yawned because anyone who posts a problem anywhere you come in on your moog steed and defend their honour. Of course there is nothing wrong with this in principle but moog have been addressing all the problems like pro's. When you chime in and dismiss peoples problems, saying it's them not appreciating it and just get on with making music, it rubs people up the wrong way, even if your intention is to be helpful. People are having problems with this machine and moog are sorting them, they do not need you to pipe in every five seconds to defend them and tell everyone how it all works. There is being helpful and there is what you have been doing. Unless you work for them?
I know this sounds harsh but it's the only way I can explain my flippant yawn and I wouldn't usually call a stranger out on something so small and petty. But then again, it's your right to call me out on moaning about the lack of transparency in the way the pre orders are being handled. Six of one, half a doven of the other. No one is wrong, just we annoyed each other. That's cool, we can move on and make music with our sub37's, well, soon. I hope.

I'll stick a wink here, it's my get out clause ha. ;)

PS. I enjoyed your vids Genshi.

genshi
DSI MEK
MiniBrute
Korg MS-20mini
Nord Lead
OP-1
Octatrack
Moog Mother-32 (x3)
Moog Sub37
Roland JP8000/JV2080

Post by genshi » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:18 pm

zoomtheline wrote:were those 4000 pre orders in Jan? if so then fair enough. I just feel that someone somewhere is calling the shots and overseas pre orders are taking a back seat to US sales.
I'm trying my hardest to not get frustrated and I don't want to keep bugging my dealer for a date because I feel like a C**t.
Jido: I know all is swimingly good with your moog but do try and stop defending them to the hilt. there is an obvious problem with this machine and it's birth into the world, it needs acknowledging somewhere.
zoomtheline wrote:I think it was me he took offense to Bitexion.
I yawned because anyone who posts a problem anywhere you come in on your moog steed and defend their honour. Of course there is nothing wrong with this in principle but moog have been addressing all the problems like pro's. When you chime in and dismiss peoples problems, saying it's them not appreciating it and just get on with making music, it rubs people up the wrong way, even if your intention is to be helpful. People are having problems with this machine and moog are sorting them, they do not need you to pipe in every five seconds to defend them and tell everyone how it all works. There is being helpful and there is what you have been doing. Unless you work for them?
I know this sounds harsh but it's the only way I can explain my flippant yawn and I wouldn't usually call a stranger out on something so small and petty. But then again, it's your right to call me out on moaning about the lack of transparency in the way the pre orders are being handled. Six of one, half a doven of the other. No one is wrong, just we annoyed each other. That's cool, we can move on and make music with our sub37's, well, soon. I hope.

I'll stick a wink here, it's my get out clause ha. ;)

PS. I enjoyed your vids Genshi.
Yet, I DO take it personally because you don't know me, and all I've tried to do is provide information that I find out from other forums or from Moog themselves, but it seems some people would rather remain ignorant of this information so they can just b*tch and moan and create overblown FUD... and THAT'S the only reason I chime in; to diffuse all this hyperbole.

And all I did this time around was, people were complaining about shipments to Europe, and I found out what is actually going on with the distributors over there and posted it, and all of a sudden I'm getting attacked because of your bias against me... obviously stemming from the one time I did tell people to "get over it" regarding that "buzz/hum" issue. It is apparently a real issue, but the way some people (one in particular, I think "genproducts" or something) were whining about it, saying the Sub 37 was completely unusable and creating doubt among others... I called bullsh*t on that because, obviously, it is VERY usable and musical, otherwise so many people wouldn't be making music with it, me included! And so I chimed in... and obviously rubbed people the wrong way which I'm very sorry for :cry: ... but that shouldn't mean I should be condemned any time I try to help or pass on information from another forum... but it does seem like all of you are either too lazy to find out the actual information for yourselves or you all just wallow in the delight of bitching on forums (which is most likely the case.) So I try to come in and dispel the FUD when I see that happening. And I too have had my own issues with the Sub 37, in particular crashes, which I've posted on the appropriate Moog forums and has since been fixed with firmware updates.

With that said, no more help from me, you guys don't need and obviously don't want it. And incidentally, I do not work for Moog, but I did use to work in the industry years ago starting in tech support, so that's where my pull to try and help/solve issues comes from... but I guess I should have known better here on "teh internetz". :roll:

P.S. I do appreciate you enjoying my videos. :)
P.P.S. It's just been a very bad past couple of weeks for me and I'm actually about to lose everything I own, so I'm taking everything personally these days and lashing out probably more than I should... so sorry if I seemed harsh in any of my statements.
Last edited by genshi on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:31 pm

Oh s**t, i'm sorry to hear that Genshi.
Try not to take it personally, we all have different opinions and we cannot gauge tone on the internet. I yawned, and I meant it because you chimed in like a know it all, it seemed to me. Of course, you didn't mean to come across like that and I didn't really mean my response as an angry dig. I have internet flaws also. I assume everyone is on my wavelength and people get that i'm taking the piss ALL of the time (pretty much). I need to work on that.
Don't stop being helpful, just try not to assume everyone is lazy at finding info or a solution and sounding a little condescending (I appreciate the irony, don't worry).
People post to get help or for info because other people post to be helpful. To me, that is research. That thread about the noise issue on the moog forum was a carcrash and didn't need to be.
that's all.
I hope you sort out your woes and keep hold of the lovely sub37. Sending positive vibes from here.
Last edited by zoomtheline on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

genshi
DSI MEK
MiniBrute
Korg MS-20mini
Nord Lead
OP-1
Octatrack
Moog Mother-32 (x3)
Moog Sub37
Roland JP8000/JV2080

Post by genshi » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:34 pm

zoomtheline wrote:Oh s**t, i'm sorry to hear that Genshi.
Try not to take it personally, we all have different opinions and we cannot gauge tone on the internet. I yawned, and I meant it because you chimed in like a know it all, it seemed to me. Of course, you didn't mean to come across like that and I didn't really mean my response as an angry dig. I have internet flaws also. I assume everyone is on my wavelength and people get that i'm taking the piss ALL of the time (pretty much). I need to work on that.
Don't stop being helpful, just try not to assume everyone is lazy at finding info or a solution and sounding a little condescending (I appreciate the irony, don't worry).
People post to get help or for info because other people post to be helpful. To me, that is research. That thread about the noise issue on the moog forum was a carcrash and didn't need to be.
that's all.
I hope you sort out your woes and keep hold of the lovely sub37. Sending positive vibes from here.
Thanks, I appreciate that. And I know I do come off sounding condescending, often. I definitely need to work on that!

Rumbler101

Post by Rumbler101 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:17 am

Don't know if this will help anyone but I cancelled my Sub 37 order from a UK store and bought one on eBay from Poland for 75 pounds cheaper too (and it arrived in great condition). Ebay might be your best bet for this synth as some of the distributors are handling the Sub 37 pretty shoddily.

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:32 am

Does not seem to be any about.

Rumbler101

Post by Rumbler101 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:11 pm

They were on there about a month ago; I guess it just goes to show how many people actually want this synth. If its anything for me to say -- yeah, it's a pretty kickin' awesome synth. Probably Moog's second best next to the Voyager.

Bloody love that maxed out resonance with the Moog ladder filter. So lovely.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:30 pm

Why? Doesn't the sound just turn into a whistly sine wave?