How would you solve this?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
ygg

Post by ygg » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:00 pm

Waiting for my easel and should pretty soon be next in line (1210).
I'm going to the Bahamas in April, with a stop in Miami, so the idea is to have BEMI send it somewhere nearby and pick it up there, in a month or two.

Cheers!
edit flying in from europe
Acid Generators: Mg-1, Tb-Devilfish, Fizmo, Minimoog, JP6europa, JP4 I/O, S-100m, Maplin 5600s, Prophet 5, NordWave, Concorde 502, Tr-77, Tr-808midi, Machinedrum, Vermona drmmk2, Re-201, Vt-1, Fireworx, Scrotum, other FX , pedals and hardware.

Cumulus
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Cumulus

Re: How would you solve this?

Post by Cumulus » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:01 pm

Hmm, lots of things to donciser here.

Do you have a secure place in either location? Like someone you can trust or at least a mail box rental type of place?

If the answer is "Yes" in both the Bahamas and Miami then it would depend on when it is sent and your itinerary. Are you flexible or on a fixed schedule?

Last question is why? Are you simply in a hurry to get your toy?

I can certainly understand that but i would be inclined to have it sent home so it will be waiting for me when I get back.

I'm afraid I 've more questions then answers at this point.

Synthetech

Post by Synthetech » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Easy. Just give me your Bahamas tickets and hotel room, that way you can stay home when it arrives. :-)

Seriously, just have it sent to a trusted friend or family member so it's safe and waiting for you when you get home.. trying to get it sent to a temporary location can turn into a nightmare.

ygg

Post by ygg » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:29 pm

Thanks, and sorry for being impercise!

I'm flying in from europe and wanted to save around $1500 in duty.
Since we'll be travelling thru the US on a fixed date, a pick up in miami would be the only place possible.

Don't know anyone in the area anymore, despite living there for a few years in the past, so that's out of question.

Sending it to the hotel we stay at, if possible, is a option someone mentioned here and so far maybe the best.

No package service at the airport? I'll gladly pay a bit extra if that's needed.

Hope this makes more sense.
Acid Generators: Mg-1, Tb-Devilfish, Fizmo, Minimoog, JP6europa, JP4 I/O, S-100m, Maplin 5600s, Prophet 5, NordWave, Concorde 502, Tr-77, Tr-808midi, Machinedrum, Vermona drmmk2, Re-201, Vt-1, Fireworx, Scrotum, other FX , pedals and hardware.

griffin avid
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by griffin avid » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:39 pm

I think the hotel option is best and be sure to tip the guy who is going to be responsible before the package arrives.
Plus you can use both the packages tracking and a call from the hotel the moment it arrives to stay in top of it.
Music Product: Better Sounds for Beats http://www.StudioAVX.com
Music Production: Resources and Research http://www.ProducersEdgeMagazine.com
Music Produced: Abstract Hip Hop Sci-Fi: http://www.TheDynamicUniverse.com

sequentialsoftshock
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Pro One, Analog Keys, Prophet 5, MPC60, TR606, RD8, St. Vincent Guitar, Bluesbreaker amp

Post by sequentialsoftshock » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:22 pm

Will they ship it right when you want to ? I wouldn't necessarily trust it sitting in a hotel for too long without you being there. I don't know what kind of liability they hold, if any, for a parcel arriving for guests that have not yet arrived.