Korg to release ARP Odyssey

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Re: Korg to release ARP Odyssey

Post by Hybrid88 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:48 am

vinyl_junkie wrote:The argument against SMT is ridiculous, if people aren't willing to touch it it's because they are some stubborn old idiot sutck in the past, the same kind who won't install a card machine in his shop cos it's still the 70's in his mind.

Get with the times! SMT is here to stay whether you like it or not...
...you realise we're discussing the reissue of a product from 1972 on a forum called Vintage Synth Explorer, and you're touting modern tech, don't you find that kinda ironic? :lol:

vinyl_junkie
Gear: Akai samplers

Re: Korg to release ARP Odyssey

Post by vinyl_junkie » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:18 am

Hybrid88 wrote:
vinyl_junkie wrote:The argument against SMT is ridiculous, if people aren't willing to touch it it's because they are some stubborn old idiot sutck in the past, the same kind who won't install a card machine in his shop cos it's still the 70's in his mind.

Get with the times! SMT is here to stay whether you like it or not...
...you realise we're discussing the reissue of a product from 1972 on a forum called Vintage Synth Explorer, and you're touting modern tech, don't you find that kinda ironic? :lol:
lol Yes albeit my peve was with people saying it's throw away stuff you can't repair rather than the re-issue aspect.

I can see why they did it (price) but at the price they are asking for it I also think it's slightly on the expensive side... The whole mini keys thing too etc etc

A friend of mine was lucky and about 2 years ago managed to buy a mk3 Ody for £700, I know which one I'd rather have ;)