#Selfie Synth

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
SeventhStar
Gear: (Sequential Prophet 600, MULTI-TRAK & TOM), DARK STAR, Arturia Prophet V & Modular V, M-AUDIO Keystation 61es

#Selfie Synth

Post by SeventhStar » Tue May 20, 2014 7:30 am

Believe it or not, I just heard this song, for like, the first time this weekend.

Which manufacturer do you think made the synth used for the lead, in #Selfie, by those totally awesome dudes, the Chainsmokers?

Was it digital? Was it analog? Was it a Yamaha? A Roland? A Casio? A Korg? Was it a soft synth? I could totally use a cigarette right now!

This could be a standard synth preset for the current generation, the #Selfie patch, just like the Jump patch was for ours..

You could get a Sampler and sample the Selfie dialog with it! Think of the possibilities! No wait, I think I’m gonna throw up.. NOT! No.. I’m fine, I’m fine. Not since Moon Unit Zappa’s monologue, in Valley Girl, have I heard something so inspirational!

The image of one Selfie girl, was combined with the voice of another Selfie girl, to created the on-screen presence of the epitome of Selfie Girls! You just can’t get more self, Selfie, indulgent than that! 112 Million views… I guess they took good Selfies.. And mixed them all up with some totally rad Synthies. I’m not sure, but I think that is so ratched..

Now I’m wondering if I wasted my money on a vintage synth, and should have waited for the Korg #Selfie Sampler instead.. Maybe I shouldn’t think too hard about this, and just take another damn Selfie!

I'd post mine on here, but it would be like bag your face I'm sure, when compared to those sexy, sultry Selfie girls. 8-)

Footnote: Notice how anything that is really cool in this world WILL HAVE THE HOFF in it!! :D
Last edited by SeventhStar on Tue May 20, 2014 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Re: #Selfie Synth

Post by Stab Frenzy » Tue May 20, 2014 7:51 am

I'm pretty sure that's a Polymoog preset.

SeventhStar
Gear: (Sequential Prophet 600, MULTI-TRAK & TOM), DARK STAR, Arturia Prophet V & Modular V, M-AUDIO Keystation 61es

Post by SeventhStar » Tue May 20, 2014 7:59 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:I'm pretty sure that's a Polymoog preset.
I'm looking up the Polymoog, like now!! No wait.. You lie!!

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Tue May 20, 2014 8:48 am

I'm pretty sure it is, maybe preset number five?

intrancewetrust
Gear: sausage fingers and a bad hat

Post by intrancewetrust » Tue May 20, 2014 9:21 am

that has got to be the most horrible song in existence...

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Tue May 20, 2014 9:27 am

Why are you listening to this s**t? you don't deserve ears!

;)

intrancewetrust

Post by intrancewetrust » Tue May 20, 2014 10:57 am

sorry. normally i would just navaigate away without saying anything. but this particular song came on the radio once and i almost crashed my car trying to make it go away as quickly as humanly possible. so it basically tried to kill me :p

intrancewetrust

Post by intrancewetrust » Tue May 20, 2014 11:08 am

plus, its completely heinous. i like to think i can just ignore the bad stuff and think "thats some nice production" but i just cannot in this case. i think this song actually represents the precise moment that i went from being a young person to an old person. it repulses me on every level. and no im not some old dude that is obsessed with country or jazz, i love me some electronic stuff, like squarepusher, extrawelt, max cooper. but this is just too much man. if liking this shite is what it takes to be young these days then hand me my slippers and warm me up some tapioca pudding, im done! :lol:

Swayze
Gear: Mono/Poly, JX3P, AX80, SQ80, DX7, DX7IIFDE!, AN1x, TG77, EX8000, Microbrute, Behringer D, Eurorack, Drumtraks, TR-08

Post by Swayze » Tue May 20, 2014 11:19 am

I think his shirt said it best.

This was my first time experiencing this song and video as well. I just finished watching "A Clockwork Orange" in it's entirety for the first time just prior to watching #Selfie and I know exactly how Alex felt after his "treatment." :shock:

Then again, c**p like this has always made me sick.

philip

Post by philip » Tue May 20, 2014 12:31 pm

:facepalm:

salwa

Post by salwa » Tue May 20, 2014 12:44 pm

You mean this kind of music is now aired on a radio? God, I'm so disconnected from reality...
Casio CZ-1, Elektronika EM-25, Yamaha TX81Z, Roland JV-2080, Novation KS-rack, Korg Poly 800, Casio SK-1, Casio SK-8, Vermona E-piano, Akai S2000, Roland SP 404, Roland TR 505, Yamaha MR 10, Yamaha RX 5 and more
https://www.facebook.com/DOMmusicpl

synthroom
Gear: Fairlight IIx(!), JP-8, D-50, S-50+550, S-760, JX-3P, JD-800, EII, Emax II, Mini, ARP 2600, P-5 Rev.1, Pro-One, Performer, K1m, K5m, few other things.

Post by synthroom » Tue May 20, 2014 2:42 pm

intrancewetrust wrote: i think this song actually represents the precise moment that i went from being a young person to an old person.
Welcome to the club!
Fairlight IIx (Mid-Life Crisis - cheaper than a Corvette!)
Roland JP-8, D-50, S-50, S-550(2x), S-760(2x), JX-3P, JD-800
EII, Emax II, Minimoog, ARP 2600, P-5 Rev.1 (broken...), Pro-One, Crumar Performer, K1m, K5m, MS-2000B, Virus KC, a few other things.

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Tue May 20, 2014 3:12 pm

f**k I'm ashamed to be part of generation Y sometimes :facepalm:

8bit9bot
No Longer Registered

Post by 8bit9bot » Tue May 20, 2014 3:36 pm

intrancewetrust wrote:that has got to be the most horrible song in existence...
ding ding ding +1

ryryoftokyo
Gear: Metal, plastic, wood, and electricity.
Band: Tarot Sync

Post by ryryoftokyo » Tue May 20, 2014 3:40 pm

Oh lucky day! More pointless audio to be played at foam parties! Are we done with this dumbass sound yet? I'd like to move on to something better.
MU Modular (Moog, Dotcom, STG, Analog Systems, and Moon modules), MS20 (x2), Microbrute, Electribes (EA-1, EMX), microKorg, AN1x, Nord Lead 2x, Blofeld, Alpha Juno 2, DX7, JX8P, Poly 61 (x2), Split 8, TR-505, Monotron Delay, Ace Tone FR-3, Paia Fatman