Synton Syrinx #1

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Re: Synton Syrinx #1

Postby Alphacode » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:29 pm

I think all of you are forgetting the likes of Depeche Mode musicians, Vince clarke , Gary numann etc.. who when word will get to them about this ad will snap this in a second just to have a Synrix SN1 . And this is the type of buyers this seller is looking for not us simple mortals. And he will sell it !
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=alphacode909
Alphacode

Postby SeventhStar » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:31 pm

I am not going to argue anything. I never stated that I thought my VA synth was better "all around" than the true analog Syrinx. I did state, that it would be funny, if even one sound that came out of my synth, was mistaken for one coming from the Syrinx. I thought that it might be able to make some similar sounds, after hearing the seller's demo video.

As far as the price goes, apparently my opinion, and others who posted in this thread, are wrong. Out of curiosity, I looked to see if any other Syrinx synths have sold on eBay recently, and I did find one! Perfect Circle Audio, in CA, sold a blue one, serial number 1198 for $8499. That was this past April 5th. The black bender pad had a worn spot on its surface, and there was a scrape on the letter "S", on the white logo, on the back of the synth.

With the current one being the odd purple color and serial number one, it looks like it might actually be a bargain at $8500! The metal corner is bent on the one side of the case, and I think I saw some spots of surface rust, but the bender pad surface has no wear at all.

Maybe someone with a lot of cash, on this forum, can buy it. Then make a more fully featured demo of it in action, and post it, so we can see what this high dollar synth can really do! Apparently, from an investment standpoint, it's better than a Minimoog D..

I'm going to take my Dark Star and go sit in a corner.. Oh s**t, I said Dark Star again, that Nannerfan guy is going to scream now!
SeventhStar

Gear: Sequential MULTI-TRAK & TOM, DARK STAR, Arturia Prophet V & Modular V, M-AUDIO Keystation 61es

Postby ppg_wavecomputer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:02 am

ninja6485 wrote:[...]What do folks think is a reasonable price for it, just out of curiosity? [...]

I recently missed out on one that was priced at 2,500 Euros. This is what I would consider "reasonable", maybe 3,000 Euros if it´s a posh colour.

I wouldn´t kick one out of bed at 1,500 Euros either.

Stephen
"Like the light from distant stars, Stephen Parsick's music has existed for some time, but is only now reaching us on Earth." Chuck van Zyl

https://doombientmusic.bandcamp.com/

https://ramp1.bandcamp.com/

https://stephenparsick.bandcamp.com/
ppg_wavecomputer

Gear: more keys than hands (and feet)
Band: ['ramp]

Postby synthparts » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:33 am

My issue with the OP would be spamming the General synth forum with this instead of posting it in the For Sale section...
Vintage Synth Parts - http://www.synthparts.com
synthparts

Postby SeventhStar » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:38 am

ppg_wavecomputer wrote:
ninja6485 wrote:[...]What do folks think is a reasonable price for it, just out of curiosity? [...]

I recently missed out on one that was priced at 2,500 Euros. This is what I would consider "reasonable", maybe 3,000 Euros if it´s a posh colour.

I wouldn´t kick one out of bed at 1,500 Euros either.

Stephen

So reasonable, is like half of what this guy is asking, about $4000 US in a "posh" color. So the guy that paid $8500 for a blue one overpaid.. It is a weird synth. I guess that is what caught my attention to begin with. I usually like weird things.

We got a serial number 1 and number 1198. I thought this synth was supposed to be really rare. Seems it's actually a little less rare than a Rev. 2 Prophet 5, at best. And a lot more common than a Rev 1 P5 (180 some made). A website, I saw, claimed the Syrinx production was only around 500 units. Which doesn't jive, at all, with the 1 thru 1198.

Either way, it will be interesting to see if someone actually buys it for $8500.. Then there will be two recent sales at the same "unreasonable" price.
SeventhStar

Gear: Sequential MULTI-TRAK & TOM, DARK STAR, Arturia Prophet V & Modular V, M-AUDIO Keystation 61es

Postby pelican » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:41 am

There were a couple made in the 90's with spare parts. 500 actually seems a high. I have/had both fenix synths and a 216 vocoder so you can say I'm a synton fan. everything made in very little quantities
pelican

Postby HideawayStudio » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:12 pm

ninja6485 wrote:The one thing it has going for it is that the group of potential buyers is vastly expanded via E bay, but I'm not sure that's going to make enough of a difference to ask $1500 over the price it didn't sell for locally. What do folks think is a reasonable price for it, just out of curiosity?

I worked on one of these a few weeks back with a blue front panel - it's a curious monosynth capable of making some fairly unusual sounds thanks to its rather unusual series/parallel filter topography with formant resonators but to be honest I somehow found it a little frustrating after a while as it's curiously non-intuitive to use and there is something a little odd about the shape of the envelopes - quite cool but definitely not worth more than £1500 in any colour!
HideawayStudio
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: 163 tubes in a large wooden box!
Band: Shortwave

Postby fh991586 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Still for sale, but now priced at $27 000 USD! :lol:
https://reverb.com/item/9952880

Code: Select all
IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT THIS, YOU KNOW HOW RARE IT IS INDEED.
SERIAL NUMBER 001, OWNED AND MADE BY FELIX VISSER HIMSELF!
SYRINX HAS STICKY KEYS AND A SMALL DENT ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE METAL CHASSIS. OTHERWISE, ALL FUNCTIONS WORK AS EXPECTED.
SYRINX IS OVER 30 YEARS OLD.
NO BARGAINS, NO TRADES!
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE, DON'T WORRY.... I WILL KEEP THE THE SYNTH.
Considering parting away from:
-Roland TR707
-DSI Mopho

Gear for Sale: Roland M-OC1, M-BD1
fh991586

Gear: Roland Juno 106, JX3P, D50, U220, MVS1, JP8080.
Korg Kaossilator, Monotrons, MicroKorg, M3R.
Yamaha Motif Rack.
TherapSid

Postby Tidda » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:34 pm

And it continues ...

Product Specs
Condition:Excellent (Used)
Brand:SYNTON
Model:Syrinx (serial number 0001, Purple color) Synthesizer Museum Quality
Finish:Black & Purple
Categories:Analog Synths
Year:1982
Made In:United States

They seem to think it was made in the United States. :roll:
Tidda

Postby ppg_wavecomputer » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:43 pm

Tidda wrote:And it continues ...

Product Specs
Condition:Excellent (Used)
Brand:SYNTON
Model:Syrinx (serial number 0001, Purple color) Synthesizer Museum Quality
Finish:Black & Purple
Categories:Analog Synths
Year:1982
Made In:United States

They seem to think it was made in the United States. :roll:

Buy with confidence from a competent seller.

Stephen
"Like the light from distant stars, Stephen Parsick's music has existed for some time, but is only now reaching us on Earth." Chuck van Zyl

https://doombientmusic.bandcamp.com/

https://ramp1.bandcamp.com/

https://stephenparsick.bandcamp.com/
ppg_wavecomputer

Gear: more keys than hands (and feet)
Band: ['ramp]

Postby Alex E » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:01 am

27k??? This guy is smoking crack.
soundcloud.com/vectron

Alex E
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: JP-8000 and 8080, Supernova II, Virus C, Midibox 6582, JX-305, Live 9, iMac MC309XX/A

Postby clubbedtodeath » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:25 pm

Alex E wrote:27k??? This guy is smoking crack.

And $27k would keep you in crack for a long time.
clubbedtodeath
Expert Member
Expert Member

Previous

Return to General Synthesizers