review of repair work - Three Wave Music

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Re: review of repair work - Three Wave Music

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:29 pm

I'm not sure the extra 13 bucks is worth it if you have to live in Missouri. :lol:
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

V301H
Gear: Fender The Strat, Stratocaster, Jazz Bass Rickenbacker 360-12, 320 Messenger(Mark Farner)
Band: The Characters

Post by V301H » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:39 pm

8bit9bot wrote:
silikon wrote:
Everything is more expensive in NJ! ;)
Gasoline is cheaper than most places. I paid $3.09 yesterday.
Prophet 5 rev.2, Pro-One, Juno 60, Jupiter 6, Matrix 12, OB8, MS20, Poly 800, CS70M, DX-7, CP35, Casio PX-5S, Hammond C3/M102, Vox Continental/Super Continental, Gibson G101, Farfisa Compact, RMI 300A, Pianet N, Combo Pianet, S770, S760, S50, NS3C

skunk3
Gear: ESX, MPC 2500, EPS16+, TX16w, TX81z, Micro Q, Microbrute, Bass Station 2, MS-20 Mini, Nord Lead 2, Machinedrum, D-50, QS7.1, loads of effects...
Band: Purplewave

Post by skunk3 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:45 pm

Blue Monster 65 wrote:I'm not sure the extra 13 bucks is worth it if you have to live in Missouri. :lol:
Missouri is no cultural mecca, but it's not the worst place I've lived by far. The cost of living here is so cheap compared to the coasts. Dunno how people can afford to live out there...

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:00 pm

It was meant to be a joke, Skunk: hence the laughing emoticon. Missouri was the cheapest I saw when I quickly scanned the map. It could have very well been Kansas or Washington or wherever. Everyone is happy somewhere - you just have to find where that is for you.
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

skunk3
Gear: ESX, MPC 2500, EPS16+, TX16w, TX81z, Micro Q, Microbrute, Bass Station 2, MS-20 Mini, Nord Lead 2, Machinedrum, D-50, QS7.1, loads of effects...
Band: Purplewave

Post by skunk3 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:58 pm

Blue Monster 65 wrote:It was meant to be a joke, Skunk: hence the laughing emoticon. Missouri was the cheapest I saw when I quickly scanned the map. It could have very well been Kansas or Washington or wherever. Everyone is happy somewhere - you just have to find where that is for you.
I know!

When I hear of how expensive stuff is on the coasts, I'm shocked. I know that incomes tend to be higher out there, but FFS! For the amount that some people pay in rent for a few years one could buy a pretty nice home here in the Midwest.

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:53 am

Yeah. My nephew built his own house on ten acres in the Upper Peninisula of Michigan for about $50k. Where I live, he'd be pushing about $400k. Amazing.
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

drawtippy
Band: Draw Tippy

Post by drawtippy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:48 pm

Sam/Three Wave repaired my OB-Xa a few years back. I chose Sam because I was thoroughly unimpressed with the work the "Analog Lab" did on my Space Echo. In a city where you can get anything at all hours of the night, it is very hard to find a good, reliable synth tech that won't charge you an arm and a leg.

Back to Sam. He actually drove into the city a got my giant, heavy OB which was cool. (Of course he charged for that but oh well) Sam did a bunch of things and called me before he did any extras. I think the repair took a little longer than promised but maybe only by a week or two. And then Sam delivered it back to the city.

Overall, for NYC, Sam was reasonably priced compared to others. As mentioned, I think he specializes in Oberheims but don't how he'd be on other brands. Alas, if anybody knows of somebody better in/near the city, please share.
Visit http://www.arttestmusic.com

Voyager, JP-6, Pro-One, 800DV, CZ-101, VL-1, Micron, Solina, OB-Xa, JX-8P, Sid Station, xoxbox