Anyone get any good Juno or Jupiter sounds from an A Station

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
ChuckFalcon
Gear: Roland Promars MRS-2
Vox Continental
Mellotron M4000D
Roland Juno 60
Moog Theremini
Roland Juno 106
Akai MPC 1000
Band: Chuck Falcon

Re: Anyone get any good Juno or Jupiter sounds from an A Sta

Post by ChuckFalcon » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:26 pm

pflosi wrote:
ChuckFalcon wrote:I loved my Juno 106 that I got repaired from Synth Spa but noticed that there WAS NO chorusing happening because he took mine out and didn't put them back when he gave them to me.
What the h**l man :shock:
I did, I called, texted, and emailed and he kept on and kept on saying I am about to send those to you. I reminded him over and over and he just wouldn't. Said he had to work on other stuff. Same deal with the wood sides that I paid for. I don't think he is ever going to send me the sides or the chips. I ordered a set of chips off of ebay a month ago and already got them and they sound great. I am about to order wood sides from someone else.

I just felt kinda at a loss because, he isn't following through and won't fix the problem. I don't want to spend another 7 months waiting and wondering whether I will ever get what is owed to me. It sucks but its the way it is I guess. Ya live and learn :cry:

Swayze
Gear: Mono/Poly, JX3P, AX80, SQ80, DX7, DX7IIFDE!, AN1x, TG77, EX8000, Microbrute, Behringer D, Eurorack, Drumtraks, TR-08

Post by Swayze » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:58 am

Damn man, that's a shame. Now that I think about it I remember hearing similar stories from others about synthspa being flaky with their work. They bit off way more than they could chew and now they're struggling to catch up. Hopefully your experience with them has earned you good keyboard karma from here on out. :)

Re-Member
Gear: Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, JP-8000, MC-505, CZ-101, DX100, DX11, R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, Volca Series, Minilogue, Moog Theremin

Post by Re-Member » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:19 am

I remember reading that other thread a few days ago and sort of joking about SynthSpa scraping this guy's Juno 106 for parts since he didn't hear back from them for nearly a year, and sure enough, someone else here gets their Juno back with the chorus chip missing. I'm surprised no one has issued a complaint with the BBB yet. Getting gear back with missing parts is just flat out crooked.

Rokk

Post by Rokk » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:17 am

I used to own Nova desktop and Nova keyboard which have a very similar sound. To emulate a Juno you should select oscillator phase sync (or whatever that parameter is called). Then you can use OSC1 as a pulse wave, OSC2 as a saw wave and OSC3 as a sub oscillator. The phase sync is important as Juno is a one osc synth and all three waveforms are in sync. Don't detune the oscillators, though! Keep them all at zero. Just tune OSC3 to one octave bellow.
Then engage chorus effect and there you go. Experiment with the filter Q normalize parameter to get a Rolandish filter character. Use 24db LP filter for this. You'll be surprised how Juno-like your Novation synth can sound in this way!