KORG SIX new exclusive products---new Electribes

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Re: KORG SIX new exclusive products---new Electribes

Post by Walter Ego » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:08 pm

meatballfulton wrote:Walter Ego wrote:
there is song creation via pattern chaining in this one. Yay! Now...if only they had done that on the other Volcas...

or the new Electribe
Yes. It's still a weird omission to me. As has been mentioned before, they're probably banking on the idea that people will want to use it heavily in conjunction with Live. Although the lack of USB computer connection is a bit puzzling. SD card means more stuff to fiddle with...
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

Re-Member
Gear: Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, JP-8000, MC-505, CZ-101, DX100, DX11, R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, Volca Series, Minilogue, Moog Theremin

Re: KORG SIX new exclusive products---new Electribes

Post by Re-Member » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:39 pm

The new Electribe does have a mode for chaining patterns. Using the new "Event Recorder" feature, you can record yourself changing patterns manually via the selection knob, or you can set up 64 patterns in advance to be easily triggered by the pads with the "Pattern Set" option. After you record a session of all the patterns being played in the sequence you want, the Event Recorder saves an individual file which you can load to play them all back automatically.