Soundtower Editors

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
corndogssg
Gear: v synth,little phatty2,jx10,kiwi106 jx305, jv2080x's8,k2600,ion,microQ,blofeld,evolver,tetra,x station,ultra nova,bass station2, jd990,minibrute
Band: sesame street gangsters

Soundtower Editors

Post by corndogssg » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:41 am

I don't think that this should be in the software section, because it is for software for your hardware synths.

http://www.soundtower.com/

I got the desktop evolver and tetra from these guys and just got the micro q and let me tell you it is truly badass! you can try the free demo version out but the "pro aka one that cost" is of course ten times better.

but I stand by their stuff hole heartedly, I have a kiwi patch editor which I thought would be enough to rock out with my micro q, but adding this sound tower program to my micro q makes me feel like I have one of those 2 grand or more "Halloween" q's it has unlocked so much on the micro q, I have to let VSE know about it. if you have a synth that they have software for, try em out, I really think you will thank me for it. lol don't just take my word for it, check it out for yourself. soundtower makes great software for your hardware synths!!!

right "mr green" ??? :mrgreen:

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Re: Soundtower Editors

Post by Ashe37 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:25 am

There are other, better, more stable editors than the Soundtower ones...

greggybud
Gear: DSI Polyevolver, Mopho
Ensoniq VFX-SD-2, ESQ-R
Oberheim OB-8, OB-12, M-1000
Moog Voyager
Nord 2
Yamaha TX-802
Roland D-550
Emu Morpheus, Vintage Keys

Post by greggybud » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:57 am

corndogssg wrote: soundtower makes great software for your hardware synths!!!
If by great you mean basic functions that don't work....then sure....just great. :lol:

It's probably good to differentiate between soundtower editors and their VST controllers.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... -s**t.html

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... tetra.html

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... yager.html

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... l?langid=3

But, beggars can't be choosers. I don't know of any other editor for my PolyEvolver other than Soundtowers. So I learn to live with it, and gave up long ago asking for fixes and support. For myself using this editor for the PolyEvolvers sequencer is WAY better and much faster than turning knobs.

corndogssg
Gear: v synth,little phatty2,jx10,kiwi106 jx305, jv2080x's8,k2600,ion,microQ,blofeld,evolver,tetra,x station,ultra nova,bass station2, jd990,minibrute

Post by corndogssg » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:15 pm

who makes better software, as I have had experience with some of the f ups sound tower software can do, it's all and all a great tool for my dsi tetra/evolver and now my micro q too.

the good most deff outways the bad, is it perfect? NO, but you show me one thing that is.

I have had minor problems with my sound tower editors, and have figured out ways around them, all in all it has gave me a big helping hand with my desktop gear. plus you can get the free version to see if you like it, and if you don't no big deal, it goes in the trash bin and deleted.

Vysex, is that a better company, lol.

if anyone knows of another place like sound tower post the link, until then, i'll keep using my sound tower programs and curse jebus every time it f's something up :o

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Subliminal Sea

Post by ninja6485 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:24 pm

corndogssg wrote:is it perfect? NO, but you show me one thing that is.
This sounds like a job for...*dundundudaaaaaahhhhhhh

BALMA!!!

You know what I'm talking about. ;)
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...

greggybud
Gear: DSI Polyevolver, Mopho
Ensoniq VFX-SD-2, ESQ-R
Oberheim OB-8, OB-12, M-1000
Moog Voyager
Nord 2
Yamaha TX-802
Roland D-550
Emu Morpheus, Vintage Keys

Post by greggybud » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:21 am

corndogssg wrote: if anyone knows of another place like sound tower post the link,
https://www.squest.com/

Far from perfect, but IMO better than SoundTower.

corndogssg

Post by corndogssg » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:39 am

u r right, that does look pretty awesome, and it works with a ton of gear too, I use studio one pro, and it doesn't look like it supports it, but who knows. I will most deff look into it. all thought it doesn't look like it supports any dsi gear either, but yeah it looks pretty impressive.

thanx!

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:49 pm

I've used SoundTower editors for DSI and Moog gear.

Once I lost an entire bank of Evolver patches because I didn't bother to verify that the bank save had worked (the file size was 0 bytes) before overwriting the patches. So now I do sysex backups as recovery insurance and check the file sizes religiously.

Who makes better software? Access, Yamaha, Roland and Korg all provide free editors that have worked perfectly for me over many years, even the VST integration. Since I had to pay for my SoundTower editors I hold them to a higher standard, which they fail to meet.

Sadly, Soundtower is the only game in town for some instruments but it works most of the time so I live with it.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

corndogssg

Post by corndogssg » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:17 am

yeah, I agree with that, considering that you pay good money to use it they need to be up to par on fixing any bugs asap, but for my dsi, I too use it for evolver it sure beats the heck out of using the desktop interface.