Arturia miniBrute microBrute and miniLab price drops

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Arturia miniBrute microBrute and miniLab price drops

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Both Musician's Friend and Music 123 have announced price drops on two Arturia keyboards.

microBrute is $259.00 with free shipping

miniLab is $86.36 (??) with free shipping (this includes controller plus AnalogLab software which costs $99 by itself WTF)

You can probably get other online dealers to price match, may the Force be with you ;)
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

meatballfulton

Re: Arturia microBrute and miniLab price drops at MF/Music12

Post by meatballfulton » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:36 pm

Surprise! Microbrute is now only $249 at GC, MF, B&H Photo and some other online dealers.

By Christmas, it should be free :mrgreen:
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

meatballfulton

Re: Arturia miniBrute microBrute and miniLab price drops

Post by meatballfulton » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:50 pm

In more news, some dealers have MiniBrute SE for $449 while still selling the original for $499 :shock:

Some online dealers show a price of $396.73 (what is with these prices?) for the standard MiniBrute 8-)

Add this to the recent bundling of Bitwig with Analog Lab, seems like Arturia is waging a price war?

dustinh
Gear: juno-1, ensoniq sq-80, dsi mopho, microbrute, gretsch guitars, motu 2408, monotron, and caffeine

Post by dustinh » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Nice! I love my microbrute and was already thinking of getting another one at some point. It would especially be fun to patch them together via the mini modular ports.

Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Post by Walter Ego » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:24 pm

meatballfulton wrote:Add this to the recent bundling of Bitwig with Analog Lab, seems like Arturia is waging a price war?
Who is the war with? Themselves?

What are the 'Brutes in competition with? Software? I can't think of other instruments with their features (i.e. a playable keyboard, not a capacitance strip) anywhere in this price range. Maybe the BS2?
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

Low Life

Post by Low Life » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:08 am

Walter Ego wrote:
meatballfulton wrote:Add this to the recent bundling of Bitwig with Analog Lab, seems like Arturia is waging a price war?
Who is the war with? Themselves?

What are the 'Brutes in competition with? Software? I can't think of other instruments with their features (i.e. a playable keyboard, not a capacitance strip) anywhere in this price range. Maybe the BS2?
Micro doesn't have much competition, but BS2 and MS-20 Mini are the competition for Minibrute. I'd say Pulse 2, too, but that doesn't have a keyboard (for people who don't necessarily need a keyboard it definitely is, though).

The Minibrute SE with lowered price is quite tempting!

meatballfulton

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:58 pm

Minilab price has been dropped further still. Online dealers now have it for $75. This is beyond crazy...the Analog Lab software itself is still $89.

When the software debuted as Analog Factory in 2007 it was $250 and had 1500 presets. Since then they have added more synth engines (Jupiter, SEM, Wurlitzer), upped the patch count to 5000 :shock: and cut the price by $160???

Now you can save another $14 and you get a 25 key dedicated controller for free?

Kenneth
Gear: Nothing I own will make you jealous.
Band: KGB

Post by Kenneth » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:34 am

They're probably trying to move some boxes in the warehouse in preparation for a new synthesizer to be announced at NAMM! Let's go Polybrute!
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:57 am

Kenneth wrote:They're probably trying to move some boxes in the warehouse in preparation for a new synthesizer to be announced at NAMM! Let's go Polybrute!
2 osc 2 VCF maxibrute instead please. :D

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Post by ninja6485 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:16 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:
Kenneth wrote:They're probably trying to move some boxes in the warehouse in preparation for a new synthesizer to be announced at NAMM! Let's go Polybrute!
The only problem with the maxibrute would be the name. It sounds too much like the name of a maxipad.

"Introducing the maxibrute: Brute force to protect even the whitest whites on those days when you need maximum protection to keep up with your active lifestyle."*

*Do not use maxibrute if you are on birth control, or anti-depressants. If you experience irritation, itching, or rash, call your doctor. Slight discoloration of the face and/or genitals is normal. Maxibrute is not intended for women who are nursing, or women who are over 50. Maxibute is not intended for use as an adult diaper.
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...

calaverasgrande
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: MG1, MP201, MF101, MF102, Taurus 3, SH09, KPR-77, Streichfett, Dark Energy, X0Xb0x, Dronelab, Synsonics Drums, Machinedrum, Modular.
Band: N.S.V.

Post by calaverasgrande » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:16 am

all wrong
BeatBrute
analog drum machine with a song mode and a bottle opener.
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave

meatballfulton

Post by meatballfulton » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:21 pm

calaverasgrande wrote: BeatBrute
analog drum machine with a song mode and a bottle opener.
Can the bottle opener be controlled over MIDI?

Weirdofromouterspace
Gear: MFOS SLMS+ & Ultimate, TTSH, DX7IID, DX21, Minibrute, Poly-800, microKORG, microSAMPLER, Volca Beats & Bass, JX-03, Tr-8, Kawai K1, Jasper

Post by Weirdofromouterspace » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:22 pm

meatballfulton wrote:Can the bottle opener be controlled over MIDI?
Yes, but then the synth will drink the beer itself. Which results in every single note played sounding like *burrrrrp*.

;)
Don't forget to TURN ON THE SYNTHESIZER. Often this is the reason why you get no sound out of it. - ARP 2600 manual, 1971

Kenneth
Gear: Nothing I own will make you jealous.
Band: KGB

Post by Kenneth » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:57 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:
Are there not enough monophonics currently in production? Is there something you're looking for that cannot be achieved with a synthesizer from Moog, DSI, Korg, Novation, Studio Electronics, Analogue Solutions, et cetera?

That said, if they did release an expanded mono, I would probably buy it...
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:56 am

Kenneth wrote:Are there not enough monophonics currently in production? Is there something you're looking for that cannot be achieved with a synthesizer from Moog, DSI, Korg, Novation, Studio Electronics, Analogue Solutions, et cetera?

That said, if they did release an expanded mono, I would probably buy it...
Of course you would, because if they expanded out the concept of the Minibrute by adding another octave of keys, another VCO, another VCF (switchable routing so you could run parallel VCO -> VCF, mix VCOs to parallel filters or mix VCOs to serial filters, three envelopes (VCA, VCF, mod), the sequencer from the special edition minibrute and expanding the mod patchability of the microbrute to make it semi modular and you'd have a synth that would kill anything else on the market. ;) I'm talking a real axe, a synth that's just completely made for hands-on playability.

I'm not comparing this to synths that are designed to do different things, I just feel like the strength of a synth with a WYSIWYG interface and no patch memory is as a mono, cause you're playing the knobs as much as you're playing the keys. I feel like a poly can get by without such a hands-on interface because your hands are busy playing the keys. I don't know, I guess there are people out there who might want a poly to sequence and tweak by hand, but I'm not sure it's such a big market.

I think a very cool although unlikely move from Arturia could be making a single voice microbrute euro module that they could put on the market for $200-250. Maybe with a keyboard version that uses four or five of them to do polyphony?