selling a korg legacy controller as a ms20min!!!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
corndogssg
Gear: v synth,little phatty2,jx10,kiwi106 jx305, jv2080x's8,k2600,ion,microQ,blofeld,evolver,tetra,x station,ultra nova,bass station2, jd990,minibrute
Band: sesame street gangsters

selling a korg legacy controller as a ms20min!!!

Post by corndogssg » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:00 pm

I have wondered when the ms20mini hit the market if there would be some a hole out there that would try to take advantage of somebody and sell them the korg legacy controller as a real ms20mini, and YES, THERE ARE A HOLES OUT THERE THAT DO JUST THAT!

My new band mate asked me if a used ms20mini for 300 bucks was a good deal, and I told him "h**l yes dude, get that s**t asap" I told him to just make sure it works and if it did he would be getting it for a steal of a deal and if he ended up not liking it as he owns no analog synths besides volca bass I would buy it off him for 350-400 bucks if he turned out not liking it! Well when he text me and told me that even though he had brought along headphones to try it out they guy who was selling it said he didn't have the "programs loaded onto his computer, but he had them to sell with the ms20" :evil: that text raised a HUGE red flag, he literally told my friend that it was the "exact same thing as an ms20 and in fact it was even better because he was getting a bunch more vintage korg synths all for half the price of a brand new ms20mini"

OHHH MAN, THAT JUST PISSED ME OFF, I SOOOO WISH I WOULD OF WENT WITH MY FRIEND! I have no problem with someone selling their legacy controller but when you are selling it as "ms20mini" that is imho one of the most shady and a hole things to do to someone! and my buddy said he probably would of got it too if he wouldn't of text me as he knew nothing of the legacy controller that looks just like the ms20 mini. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I gave him my korg legacy programs, and he is happy to play them on his novation impulse he all ready owns.

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: A hybrid of vintage and modern junk
Band: Variar

Re: selling a korg legacy controller as a ms20min!!!

Post by Jabberwalky » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:38 pm

Don't the patch points all connect though? That'd be pretty cool to have the same functionality with the ability to save. The sound isn't the same though.

corndogssg
Gear: v synth,little phatty2,jx10,kiwi106 jx305, jv2080x's8,k2600,ion,microQ,blofeld,evolver,tetra,x station,ultra nova,bass station2, jd990,minibrute

Post by corndogssg » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:02 am

there is nothing wrong with the ms20 legacy controller I just think it is b.s. that some dude is advertising it as an ms20mini and he will probably sell it too to someone who doesn't know the difference. I know if I had bought a ms20mini off e bay or something and the legacy controller was what showed up at my door I would be furious!

corndogssg

Post by corndogssg » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:44 pm

http://m.ebay.com/itm/301339687409?nav=SEARCH

Found a legacy controller on ebay being sold as a ms20mini. Sounds like the guy might not know there's a difference.

corndogssg

Post by corndogssg » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:45 pm

http://m.ebay.com/itm/301339687409?nav=SEARCH

Found a legacy controller on ebay being sold as a ms20mini. Sounds like the guy might not know there's a difference.

Cumulus
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Cumulus

Post by Cumulus » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:02 pm

I sent him the following message:

"I don't have a a question but I just wanted to let you know that this is not an MS20 Mini. It is the Korg legacy controller from a few years back.

If you sell it as an MS 20 Mini your buyer will be disappointed and you'll probably get some negative feedback.

Good luck."

I'm not trying to be a d**k (I know...unbelievable) but I would appreciate it if someone let me know I was misreporting an item.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:27 pm

In some cases people don't even know what they're selling. I responded to an ad in a norwegian music magazine, for a Korg MS-20 that was suspiciously cheap. Rang up the guy, and it turned out it was an MS-10 not an MS-20, he'd just found it in the attic of his diseased father when they cleared out the house.

He said "it works because a light blinks when i turn it on".
I ended up buying it just because an MS-10 is a cool thing to have anyway. And had to send it straight to a service guy since the keyboard didn't register with the oscillators, only the filter CV. Turns out there was a loose cable inside.
Last edited by Bitexion on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cumulus
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Cumulus

Post by Cumulus » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:43 pm

Well, this asshat now knows but he just doesn't care.

Here is his response to me:

"i said i needed software and im not that advanced on this stuff. thanks for the info but the buyer needs to read the description thanks."

In other words, "I am now fully aware that I am misrepresenting the item but I just don't give a fcuk!"

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:13 am

I asked MS-10 guy about the description and pic, he said he'd just searched in google and copypasted from a website..obv didn't even notice he pasted pics of the MS-20. And he'd found a price and just used that.

But i guess this guy is just a regular douche.

corndogssg

Post by corndogssg » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:40 am

that is total b.s. I wonder how many legacy controllers have been sold since the ms20mini has been out. That is probably why they made the ms20mini, as they already had the "shell" for it ready to mass produce.

I have too many mono synths, all though I would like a ms20mini, I have a gut feeling am gonna really want a KARP ODYSSEY, so with having a moog lp, a mini brute and a novation bs2, a dsi evolver, plus a monotribe with midi I feel like I got all the "mono's" I need and more.

that being said, if I do ever get a ms20mini 2nd hand and someone sold me a legacy controller I would not be a happy synther :evil: people who do are either just not aware of what they have or complete a*s holes

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:38 am

corndogssg wrote:that is total b.s. I wonder how many legacy controllers have been sold since the ms20mini has been out. That is probably why they made the ms20mini, as they already had the "shell" for it ready to mass produce.

I have too many mono synths, all though I would like a ms20mini, I have a gut feeling am gonna really want a KARP ODYSSEY, so with having a moog lp, a mini brute and a novation bs2, a dsi evolver, plus a monotribe with midi I feel like I got all the "mono's" I need and more.

that being said, if I do ever get a ms20mini 2nd hand and someone sold me a legacy controller I would not be a happy synther :evil: people who do are either just not aware of what they have or complete a*s holes
The Legacy controller hasn't been available for a few years, and isn't the same size as the MS-20 Mini- the mini is slightly larger.

corndogssg

Post by corndogssg » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:30 am

ahh, I C :P