NIN Nord Lead on eBay. guy immediately gets defensive

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
chimney chop
Band: boxc, cigarettes after sex

Re: NIN Nord Lead on eBay. guy immediately gets defensive

Post by chimney chop » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:05 pm

there's something fishy going on.

notice all the grammatical errors in his correspondence that do not appear in his description.

I have a suspicion that there is more than one person involved with that ebay account and perhaps the person who garnered the positive feedback is not the person selling the keyboard.

he just seems like a newbie. his description is so vague and his reactions to questions are so brash I just don't believe the person currently using the account is the same person who originally created it

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Post by pflosi » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Hacking legit evilbay accounts to do your scamming is a common practice...

chimney chop

Post by chimney chop » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:29 pm

either that or someones letting him use their account

Cumulus
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Cumulus

Post by Cumulus » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:51 pm

sequentialsoftshock wrote:Me and cumulus should get on this guy like we did to that other dude in 2010. :lol:

I sent this square a message. Looks totally shady.

I was thinking the same thing but some folks here got a little upset with when the shroom-hunting hippy supposedly started emailing the mods on this page.

My disclaimer: I may message this asshat and ask him legitimate questions about his ebay listing. Everyone else is free to do the same if they want to.

I don't want anyone crying it me about it. If the tool bitches to you, just tell him you have no control over who I choose to interact with on eBay and refer him back to me.

Re-Member
Gear: Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, JP-8000, MC-505, CZ-101, DX100, DX11, R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, Volca Series, Minilogue, Moog Theremin

Post by Re-Member » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:23 pm

I think I busted him here... :lol:

Here's an eBay link from the same seller trying to sell off the same (or another) Nord back in Feb. 2012:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nine-Inch-Nails ... 7675.l2557

The auction ended early due to an "error in listing." You can't see an image of the keyboard directly from that past auction, but someone put it up on a blogpost...

http://waveformless.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... ls-on.html

Notice that the pic he used in that 2012 auction which never sold is the same exact picture from the original and official ningear auction which can easily be found on the internet. Call it a hunch, but I think that 2012 auction ended early because someone reported it as being fake due to him just copying the image from the internet. And notice in his current auction, all he is offering as proof is just an old webpage printout showing some shipping details. If he actually won the item and was logged onto into his account while looking at that page, it would have stated "You're the highest bidder on this item!" in green at the top.

Another thing to factor in is looking through his feedback. Even though he has no negative marks, there's no positive feedback from the seller ningear, which was the official account name NIN were using.

sequentialsoftshock
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Pro~One, MS20, MPC60, Aalto, Volca Beats, Volca Keys, Beatstep, Casio MT18, BitOne (sorta), Circle, Orbit 3, K5, Stylos, Univox Hi Flier, iPad
Band: Echo & Liora

Post by sequentialsoftshock » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:42 am

Call this dude out on their bullshit.
bonne chance

chimney chop

Post by chimney chop » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:42 pm

ended....0 bids

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:20 pm

Dont worry I'm sure he'll try to hawk it with a different account any time soon.

IJaywalk

Post by IJaywalk » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:11 pm

Hey. Thats actually my auction. Yes it was real. I emailed ningear inbetween auction or before they were going to relist it. I think it was listed and it either didnt sell or the buyer didnt pay. I dont remember. I payed whatever that final price was. Yea people were getting on my nerves with some of the questions. Probally why my answers very short. Anyone who sells nin stuff knows some crazy questions people ask, then calling it fake and so on. The serial numbers match and some presets from 'tr'. As far as no feedback from ningear, i bought a lot of stuff and didnt want people email me to sell stuff. Such as fragile guitar and other misc stuff from them. I ended the auction because someone offered me a deal if i ended it that day. So i did.

IJaywalk

Post by IJaywalk » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:22 pm

I mean h**l someone made this blog thinking I was ripping someone off. Just let that sink in. And imagine the crazy emails and denial I got. Its pretty wild when you have the nin auction serial numbers matching the equipment, with the box sent from them, and emails from nin gear and people still give you s**t.

Alex E
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus C, Super Bass Station, M1r, TX81z, S760, Nord Rack 2, Nord Lead 3, JP-8000, JV-2080, SY99, Trinity Plus, EMX1, TB-03. Live 9, iMac MC309XX/A

Post by Alex E » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:36 pm

IJaywalk wrote:I mean h**l someone made this blog thinking I was ripping someone off. Just let that sink in. And imagine the crazy emails and denial I got. Its pretty wild when you have the nin auction serial numbers matching the equipment, with the box sent from them, and emails from nin gear and people still give you s**t.
First of all, this thread is now over four years old, so I'm surprised you even found it.

Second of all, someone just wanted proof that you actually had what you were claiming to sell. All you needed was to prove that the serial numbers matched up and you dismissed the dude like he was wasting your time. I've been selling regularly on eBay and Craigslist for close to ten years now and I'd never just brush off someone that way.
soundcloud.com/vectron

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: A hybrid of vintage and modern junk
Band: Variar

Post by Jabberwalky » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:20 pm

Dang! Join a forum 4 years later to prove a point no one gives a s**t about?

Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Post by Zamise » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:16 pm

<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]