What's up with Native Instruments Kontrol Software?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

What's up with Native Instruments Kontrol Software?

Postby trevordutton » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:08 pm

A few weeks ago I got a promo email from Native Instruments saying that their new Kontrol software was available for download (probably in support of my recently upgraded Komplete 9). I was enthused about it since it sounded similar to (if not exactly alike) their Kore 2 platform, which to my sadness they abandoned a few years back. So I downloaded, installed, and tried to open it in standalone mode. It requested the normal NI authorization but I couldn't authorize it from the NI site. I sent their tech support my problem and haven't heard a peep back since.
Has anyone else successfully installed the Kontrol software? If so, am I correct in guessing that it does essentially the same thing as Kore by allowing a central interface to browse preset sounds in all of their other programs? I know it's release is intended to accompany their new line of hardware controllers but can I use Kontrol without the hardware?
trevordutton

Gear: Polivoks, FR XS, MS20, MEK, Blue Lantern modular, DRM MK111, Waldorf Pulse, Mini and Microbrutes, Analog filters galore

Return to General Synthesizers