Behringer to make analog polysynths !

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Re: Behringer to make analog polysynths !

Post by Hybrid88 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:44 pm

That would be bloody hilarious if Behringer came out with an analog poly before moog :lol:

Dr. Phibes

Post by Dr. Phibes » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:58 pm

meatballfulton wrote:
Dr. Phibes wrote:Who expected Arturia would be the ones to the ones to bring affordable analogue back to the synthesizer market?
Analog was never affordable. Unless you count stuff like pAiA kits (Gnome, anyone?), $500 was the cheapest I remember...SH-101...and that was in 1980s dollars.

Volcas, Brutes, etc. are the most affordable analogs ever.
Yes, I know it's all very glib (is $500 really 'affordable' in the digital age?) but my point stands - developments like this can pop up from where you least expect them.

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Post by pflosi » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:31 pm

zoomtheline wrote:Shall we try not to s**t on this before we know any details? ;)
No! :mrgreen: ;)

Kenneth
Gear: Nothing I own will make you jealous.
Band: KGB

Post by Kenneth » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:57 pm

Hybrid88 wrote:That would be bloody hilarious if Behringer came out with an analog poly before moog :lol:
Maybe Moog wants to let them. You know, Behringer lets a POS out into the Multiverse, and then Moog steps in a year or so later and says "No, this is actually how you build a synthesizer. Amateurs!".

I feel certain that, given time, Moog will release a polyphonic synthesizer. It's what people have been asking for for years, and if there's one company who listens to its customers, it's Moog. It's just taking so long because they want to do it right.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:31 pm

pflosi wrote:
zoomtheline wrote:Shall we try not to s**t on this before we know any details? ;)
No! :mrgreen: ;)
Ha. Was just seeing what it feels like to be a mod for a second. Didn't like it.
Flame away.

I do think Moog are on it though, somewhere along the lines. My worries with a poly moog though is that if it follows the same route as the Sub37 pressing more than a couple of keys would be so phat we'd all instantly become obese and we'd sick doughnuts out of our ears.

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: A hybrid of vintage and modern junk
Band: Variar

Post by Jabberwalky » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:38 pm

Behringer has never had a problem with hardware capabilities, or design (or copies)....but they always seem to have problems with terrible hardware quality, and failing components (sliders, knobs, outputs). If they're going to do this, I hope they take care of that stuff first.

thecolorgold
Gear: DW-8000 CZ-1 ARP Pro/DGX Tg500 LittleBoyBlue TR-626 RX120 MPC 2000XL dd-20 SPX90 MX200
A & H CMC24
Etc...

Post by thecolorgold » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:23 pm

The most unique feature of most b-ger gear seems to be its abundance of self noise. So maybe this alleged cheap-o analog poly should have a self noise osc instead of your typical plain noise osc. :lol:

Sir Ruff
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Two persimmon modulators and a frequency adjudicator.
Band: Ruff in the jungle

Post by Sir Ruff » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Kenneth wrote: if there's one company who listens to its customers, it's Moog. It's just taking so long because they want to do it right.
Are you sure we're talking about the same "Moog"? I really truly can't imagine that a single Moog customer ever asked for a gold-plated Voyager. Or a clone of Emerson's moog modular for that matter. I have no doubt that Moog "know" people want a poly, but just refuse to make it. If/when they do, it will undoubtedly not be the "new" memorymoog that everyone wants (and will also cost $10,000). Moog are like the new Roland in that sense.

A cheap Behringer polysynth would be great because it will get people interested, and then they'll want bigger/better things (which opens up the market for higher-end makers).
Do you even post on vse bro?

commodorejohn
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, Oberheim SEM

Post by commodorejohn » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:35 pm

I'm all for anybody bringing back full-fledged polysynths.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73

Rokk

Post by Rokk » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:16 pm

I don't know folks, I've had and used behringer stuff in the past and never ever had a single problem and the gear always performed just fine. And I'm a fan of higher end gear. I have Urei 1176LN compressor, a DIY neve clone preamp, have used other hi-end equipment, but really, Behringer never disapointed me. Sure, it's a company with an ocean of products, many of them consumer grade, but even before the new Midas/Behringer era they made some good stuff.
I was also on an anti-Behringer trip for a while, since most people on forums hate Behringer stuff. So I borrowed a Tube Composer compressor from a friend of mine, just for fun. And to my surprise it outperformed many high rated plugins. And while my colegue had his $2000 compressors die my other colegue's behringer stuff keeps on working flawlessly.
Just my 2 cents...I don't buy any hype and I don't buy any bashing. Check the stuff yourself.
I think there are good chances this will be a great synth.

salwa

Post by salwa » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Rokk wrote:I don't know folks, I've had and used <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... &x=11&y=13" target="_blank" class="vglnk"><span>behringer</span></a> stuff in the past and never ever had a single problem and the gear always performed just fine. And I'm a fan of higher end gear. I have Urei 1176LN compressor, a DIY neve clone preamp, have used other hi-end equipment, but really, Behringer never disapointed me. Sure, it's a company with an ocean of products, many of them consumer grade, but even before the new Midas/Behringer era they made some good stuff.
I was also on an anti-Behringer trip for a while, since most people on forums hate Behringer stuff. So I borrowed a Tube Composer compressor from a friend of mine, just for fun. And to my surprise it outperformed many high rated plugins. And while my colegue had his $2000 compressors die my other colegue's behringer stuff keeps on working flawlessly.
Just my 2 cents...I don't buy any hype and I don't buy any bashing. Check the stuff yourself.
Same here. I have few Behringer pedals, mixer and interface. Never had serious problems.
Casio CZ-1, Elektronika EM-25, Yamaha TX81Z, Roland JV-2080, Novation KS-rack, Korg Poly 800, Casio SK-1, Casio SK-8, Vermona E-piano, Akai S2000, Roland SP 404, Roland TR 505, Yamaha MR 10, Yamaha RX 5 and more
https://www.facebook.com/DOMmusicpl

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Rokk wrote:I don't know folks, I've had and used behringer stuff in the past and never ever had a single problem and the gear always performed just fine. And I'm a fan of higher end gear. I have Urei 1176LN compressor, a DIY neve clone preamp, have used other hi-end equipment, but really, Behringer never disapointed me. Sure, it's a company with an ocean of products, many of them consumer grade, but even before the new Midas/Behringer era they made some good stuff.
I have the same experience, I've had a little 10-channel mixer for 12 years now, with some digital bits on it, and it's worked flawlessly all the time. And it's left on most of the year aswell.

V301H
Gear: Fender The Strat, Stratocaster, Jazz Bass Rickenbacker 360-12, 320 Messenger(Mark Farner)
Band: The Characters

Post by V301H » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:05 pm

Regarding a previous post the Oberheim OB8 list price was actually $4395. Even a fully-loaded OBX was only $5995. An SEM-based eight voice may have been in the $7K range.
Prophet 5 rev.2, Pro-One, Juno 60, Jupiter 6, Matrix 12, OB8, MS20, Poly 800, CS70M, DX-7, CP35, Casio PX-5S, Hammond C3/M102, Vox Continental/Super Continental, Gibson G101, Farfisa Compact, RMI 300A, Pianet N, Combo Pianet, S770, S760, S50, NS3C

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:27 pm

Oh right, I was just thinking Oberheim. But still, those synths were mega expensive back then too.

max badwan
Gear: T1, XV 5080, ES1, Zaquencer

Post by max badwan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:12 am

Based on Behringers' predilection for "cloning", and the pic of the PHAT 108, would a cloned, 8 voice "Juno" clone be such a bad thing?