Alesis nanosynth compatibility to QS synth

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Alesis nanosynth compatibility to QS synth

Postby powerslabelle » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:32 am

Is it possible to edit a Nanosynth with a synth from the QS line ? I know they share the same synth engine, do they share the same patch information ?

For instance uploading a bank via sysex from a QS dump directly to the nanosynth, that'd be really great.

I can get a really good deal on a QS6 and that would save me the trouble of getting the nanosynth home, open my mac, open a virtual image of an old Mac OS to run an outdated editor that isn't very intuitive.

+ it would be nice to have the keyboard version for other stuff, the module works for me now because it's so small, perfect for gigs where space is limited.
powerslabelle

Re: Alesis nanosynth compatibility to QS synth

Postby Stab Frenzy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:11 am

Check the midi implementation charts in the manuals of both synths, that'll tell you.
Stab Frenzy

Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Postby powerslabelle » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:41 pm

They seem compatible, but i'm looking for first hand experience, also how hard/easy is it to program the QS6 from the front panel ?

The nanosynth editor has A LOT of parameters, which makes it great and flexible but also a pain to edit
powerslabelle

Postby Ashe37 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:44 pm

powerslabelle wrote:They seem compatible, but i'm looking for first hand experience, also how hard/easy is it to program the QS6 from the front panel ?

The nanosynth editor has A LOT of parameters, which makes it great and flexible but also a pain to edit

I had a QS6 and sold it because editing on that tiny 2-line display was slow and painful. lots of paging and paging and paging...
Ashe37

Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Postby powerslabelle » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:56 am

Ah thanks, good to know, i guess i'll stick with an old laptop i don't care about that i can leave at the rehearsal room.
powerslabelle

Return to General Synthesizers