Korg NanoKey2 question

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Romannis1972
Gear: JX8P, SX-240, iPad running NanoStudio, Z3TA, Modular, Thor, Alchemy, iMS20, Audulus, Caustic, Xynthesizr
Band: Romannis Mötte

Korg NanoKey2 question

Post by Romannis1972 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:02 pm

I recently purchased one of these and I am currently without a computer. So, my question is does the unit HAVE to be hooked up to the software editor to set the MIDI channel if it is not already factory set to MIDI CH1? I was/am assuming it was/is able to be used right outta the box...

Prolly a trite question but I cannot find any other info about it.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Re: Korg NanoKey2 question

Post by Stab Frenzy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:19 am

It doesn't do anything without a computer, it's a USB only midi controller, it can't be plugged directly into a synth.

Romannis1972
Gear: JX8P, SX-240, iPad running NanoStudio, Z3TA, Modular, Thor, Alchemy, iMS20, Audulus, Caustic, Xynthesizr
Band: Romannis Mötte

Re: Korg NanoKey2 question

Post by Romannis1972 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:00 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:It doesn't do anything without a computer, it's a USB only midi controller, it can't be plugged directly into a synth.
hahaha yeah I know its only a controller. I'm asking if the NanoKey is set to MIDI ch1 out of the box, or if it needs to be hooked up to a computer to be set up.