Elektron Machinedrum Sample Upload

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Dr Amazing

Elektron Machinedrum Sample Upload

Post by Dr Amazing » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:04 pm

I have a Machinedrum but I am finding it difficult to get samples into the guy.

Can someone walk me through how I am supposed to do this including connections to the computer?

Can I just use USB or do I need to have MIDI hooked up too? If MIDI do I need to have MIDI in/out? Or what's the deal?

I am at a loss.

Thanks!

Infinity Curve
Gear: SH101, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, lots of eurorack
Band: Infinity Curve

Re: Elektron Machinedrum Sample Upload

Post by Infinity Curve » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:13 pm

The manual explains exactly how to do it - http://www.elektron.se/products/machine ... =downloads

phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

Post by phesago » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:22 pm

There are several different ways to get samples in the md. One is by RAM/ROM machine and the other using the turbo device(which I haven’t used yet, so I will only go over the other option).

ROM machines are stored samples into memory.

RAM machines are separate into two different types- play and capture. You’ll see the different ones in the machine list in EDIT kit mode. Each capture(or record) RAM machine can be set to internal or external record mode. You can sequence capture trigs in grid record mode, or press the key its assigned too when you want to record a sample. Use the play mode to play back your recently captured sound. If you press the RAM capture key again you’lll delete your sample, so be careful. FYI its worth noting that if you press classic/extended button I think it wipes the memory buffer(the ram playback), so be mindful of that. Other than that, its pretty simple. Go over the manual’s section on ram machines to get the idea of each knob and how that plays out. It’ll also show you the simple steps of copy’ing and pasting RAM sounds into the ROM slots(its stupid easy).

The manual will go over the turbo device too, but like I said, I haven’t used it since I capture samples on the fly anyway.

Dr Amazing

Post by Dr Amazing » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:29 pm

Thank you!!!!