HUGE MOOG MUSIC NEWS COMING MONDAY

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Reginator
Gear: Korg: ARP Odyssey/MS-20 Kit, TTSH: Ver.1/Ver.2, ARP 1601 Sequencer (DIY), Minimoog Voyager, Waldorf Microwave Mk1 rev B, Roland: JP-8080/MC-505
Band: Reginator

Re: HUGE MOOG MUSIC INC. NEWS COMING MONDAY!!!

Post by Reginator » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm

Bitexion wrote:I wonder how many bought their $150k Emerson Moog Modular yet.
The next news is a $300k super modular.
Buy a $150k Emerson Moog Modular, get a FREE T-shirt! ...while supplies last.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Re: HUGE MOOG MUSIC NEWS COMING MONDAY!!!

Post by Bitexion » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:32 pm

Maybe $20,000 memorymoog that noone will afford?

I'll head over to Marc Doty's house and torture him until he spills the info, then post it here, ok?

ppg_wavecomputer
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: more keys than hands (and feet)
Band: ['ramp]

Post by ppg_wavecomputer » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:07 pm

Finally an interesting synthesiser from Moog, the first after 30 or so years?

That would be big news indeed.

Stephen
"Like the light from distant stars, Stephen Parsick's music has existed for some time, but is only now reaching us on Earth." Chuck van Zyl

https://doombientmusic.bandcamp.com/

https://ramp1.bandcamp.com/

https://stephenparsick.bandcamp.com/

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: .com, mpc, and a studio full of behringer clones.

Post by wiss » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:21 pm

soundxplorer wrote:
wiss wrote:
Infinity Curve wrote:Eurorack please
they just annoced an Eurorack module a few weeks ago.
No, I think you saw someone's DIY Moogerfooger conversion.
you are correct, my mistake.

"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."

calaverasgrande
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: MG1, MP201, MF101, MF102, Taurus 3, SH09, KPR-77, Streichfett, Dark Energy, X0Xb0x, Dronelab, Synsonics Drums, Machinedrum, Modular.
Band: N.S.V.

Post by calaverasgrande » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:47 pm

I did see a pic of a Moog eurorack module on some forum, posted by an etailer, who then took it down almost immediately. Doubtless they violated some NDA. It is a pretty poorly kept secret.
I'm hoping for something innovative in terms of modular, but I'm pretty sure it will just be a state variable filter at best. Maybe some Osc and VCA stuff. Doubt we will see anything cool like the freqbox or the ringmod in their first foray into euro.
I predict the prices will be too high, and they will give up on euro when they dont sell like the proverbial hotcakes.

Or maybe I am crazy, they will blow our minds, and the prices won't be like their 500 series stuffs.
(I certainly hope they aren't dumb enough to do 5U modular)
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave

sigment
Gear: MACHINEDRUM, SH-101, MINILOGUE, STREICHFETT, MPC1000, BSII, MINIAK, MS2000R, VOLCA-B, GEKKAN, XE-8, RX-21 + TOYS
Band: SLAVESTAR

Post by sigment » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:06 pm

calaverasgrande wrote: I predict the prices will be too high, and they will give up on euro when they dont sell like the proverbial hotcakes.
Possibly the only accurate prediction here, I hope not but...

Another unlikely prediction but an honest wish: What if they debut a drum machine? Fully analog with digital control, individual outs, full sound shaping controls on every part, etc. Everything the Rhythm Wolf could/should have been but with actual quality audio, a wider sonic spectrum and real wood on the ends!

I would pee in my pants. :ugeek: :ugeek: :lol:

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Subliminal Sea

Post by ninja6485 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:32 pm

silikon wrote:I have lost all faith in humanity. :evil:
A-loom-in-um.
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...

phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

Post by phesago » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:29 am

ninja6485 wrote:
silikon wrote:I have lost all faith in humanity. :evil:
A-loom-in-um.
shots fired lol

Rbh
Gear: Kurz-MidiBoard/ K2000R/Ax module -Roland JV1080 -Arp PRO DGX- Moog Taurus I - Oberheim TVS - Wavestation - QS8.1 - TX7-R8M-Hammond X5 w/ 760 Leslie-

Post by Rbh » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:07 am

silikon wrote:Moog is being bought out by Apple. Apple will then release the iVoyager, replacing the membrane panel with a full iPad mini, and the entire machine will be powered by it (using Arturia's app). After all, who the f**k needs real circuitry anyways? It'll be 60% more energy efficient (when you're not playing tetris on it), and you can carry it to gigs easier because it'll be made of extruded aluminium (and pronounce that shite correctly -- it's AL- yew - mini - yum, ya c**t) without any wood ends to preserve the California rainforest; thus, 47% lighter.

There will be entire episodes on Discovery Channel about it and how people are mounting it in the dash of their auto, it'll be bloody insanity spread 'round the globe.

The real event is that they'll be shipping a pair of Beats headphones along with said iVoyager, because you MUST get the full experience, and without a pair of Beats, you may as well be playing this through a telephone handset.

I have lost all faith in humanity. :evil:
Any post that gets me to nearly pee my pants - absolutely restores my faith- in hue-man-it-teeze.
Thanks

sequentialsoftshock
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Pro~One, MS20, MPC60, Aalto, Volca Beats, Volca Keys, Beatstep, Casio MT18, BitOne (sorta), Circle, Orbit 3, K5, Stylos, Univox Hi Flier, iPad
Band: Echo & Liora

Post by sequentialsoftshock » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:22 am

Who cares ? Whatever it is will be way overpriced and lacking some sort of feature that some guy on the internet wants.
bonne chance

megamanx
Gear: nord lead2, roland sh101, yamaha cs5,mono/poly, sub37,Ms20, Chroma polaris,prodigy, esq-1, jx3p
Band: Thieves & Co.

Post by megamanx » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:40 am

my guess would be some sort of reissue, minimoog more likely, people will complain that it doesn't sound like the original for x amounts of reasons.

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: .com, mpc, and a studio full of behringer clones.

Post by wiss » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:39 am

calaverasgrande wrote:I did see a pic of a Moog eurorack module on some forum
I though I saw a eurorack module for a Moog Filter a few day ago myself but .....maybe it was the werkstatt mod, no it was the Moogfooger Mod Image
"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."

Reginator
Gear: Korg: ARP Odyssey/MS-20 Kit, TTSH: Ver.1/Ver.2, ARP 1601 Sequencer (DIY), Minimoog Voyager, Waldorf Microwave Mk1 rev B, Roland: JP-8080/MC-505
Band: Reginator

Post by Reginator » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:01 am

Bitexion wrote:...I'll head over to Marc Doty's house and torture him until he spills the info, then post it here, ok?
I don't really know Marc but I'm guessing you'll need to bring a DX7 and your best E.Piano patch...if you're gonna make him cry uncle! :mrgreen:

Automatic Gainsay
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Minimoog, 2600, CS-15, CS-50, MiniBrute, MicroBrute, S2, Korg MS-20 Mini, 3 Volcas, Pro 2, Leipzig, Pianet T, Wurli 7300, Wurli 145-A, ASR-10, e6400.
Band: Godfrey's Cordial

Post by Automatic Gainsay » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:38 am

This is "some of the biggest news in Moog history?"

I don't know who "Humbucker Music" is, and apparently they don't know who any of you are, either.

I think all of these responses are perfect.
‎"I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -Charles Babbage
"Unity and Mediocrity are forever in bed together." -Zane W.
http://www.youtube.com/automaticgainsay

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:46 am

Reginator wrote:
Bitexion wrote:...I'll head over to Marc Doty's house and torture him until he spills the info, then post it here, ok?
I don't really know Marc but I'm guessing you'll need to bring a DX7 and your best E.Piano patch...if you're gonna make him cry uncle! :mrgreen:
Oh no worries, I'll even bring my improved E.Piano 1 patch that I've added a chorus effect AND changed the tine brightness on. Noone expects the Norwegian inquisition. Our two main weapons are Fear, Confusion and Polar bears-THREE main weapons are..uh i'll come in again..

Bring....THE COMFY CHAIR
Last edited by Bitexion on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:51 am, edited 4 times in total.