Fatar TP / 9S keybed

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
thared33

Fatar TP / 9S keybed

Post by thared33 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:20 am

According to this list - http://billfulton.com/music-news/fatar- ... r-actions/ a few different synths use the same keybed. I also read elsewhere that keybeds aren't always interchangeable even though they use the same model. I have a Korg N364 here that needs a new keybed and I believe it's the Fatar TP/9S model. I wonder if I could buy either a broken synth with that same keybed, or just buy the keybed itself (it seems impossible to find though) and switch it out with the broken one.

lacrymose

Re: Fatar TP / 9S keybed

Post by lacrymose » Wed May 24, 2017 5:59 am

i know this is an old thread, but i'm curious about this same issue, except with my nord lead 3 compared to synths using 49-key semi-weighted fatar actions.

as far as i know, the NL3 uses the TP/9S unweighted, while something like the novation SL49 uses the TP/9S weighted. does this mean i could switch out one for the other, since i'm assuming that apart from the weights and springs they are the same? or that i could switch out just the keys and springs themselves?

can't stand the unweighted NL3 action and i may end up selling the synth because of it...