UPDATE: eBay Buyer from h**l!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Infinity Curve
Gear: SH101, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, lots of eurorack
Band: Infinity Curve

Re: UPDATE: eBay Buyer from h**l!

Post by Infinity Curve » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:32 am

That handwriting...

Careful Aaron, this nutter has your address.

I'd go to eBay with this, show them the pictures. Dude obviously screwed you, can't hurt to try

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Post by ninja6485 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:38 am

Infinity Curve wrote:That handwriting...

I'd go to <a class="vglnk" target="_blank" href="http://www.ebay.com" rel="nofollow"><span>eBay</span></a> with this, show them the pictures. Dude obviously screwed you, can't hurt to try
Yea, holy Moses, look at that chicken scratch! My handwriting is bad, but not k-12 written with a fist bad. ...which brings up the question: was that written with a pen in a closed fist? This dude has some anger!
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...

Aaron2
Gear: Pioneer: Toraiz SP-16
Elektron: AK, AR, MnM, MD, OT
DSI: Evolver, MEK, P08, Pro2
Korg: Arp Odyssey
Waldorf: Blofeld Keyboard

Post by Aaron2 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:47 am

Infinity Curve wrote:That handwriting...

I'd go to eBay with this, show them the pictures. Dude obviously screwed you, can't hurt to try
Yeah, reported to eBay. Bad, bad situation.

Aaron2

Post by Aaron2 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:54 am

ninja6485 wrote:...which brings up the question: was that written with a pen in a closed fist?
Worse. Pencil. :x

synapsecollapse
Gear: MS20 Mini, Eurorack stuffs, Elektron Machinedrum, Venom, iPad mini, DX7

Post by synapsecollapse » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:06 am

This just keeps on getting worse. This guy seems like a caricature of a bad eBay buyer, I didn't even realize it got this bad. I hope eBay can use those pictures to do something that sucks less for you in the end.

Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:07 am

Just flatten out the manual and put something heavy on it for a few days and at least that should be useable. Agreed with other posters though, if it looks like he's opened it, I'd open it up again to make sure he hasn't done something retarded inside.

Chewy
Gear: Alpha Juno 2, Bass Station 2, CZ-5000, DW-8000, DR-660, EA1 mk2, ES1 mk2, JP-8000, Monotribe, R-100, SH-32,
Band: Soundtrack to Psychosis

Post by Chewy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:51 am

Wow. I first saw this closer to the time you posted it and already thought it was ridiculous and juvenile then, and now it's even more so.

I really hope ebay does something, I mean it's pretty obvious this guy is a complete asshole. I'm sure you probably still have the pictures from your listing, and I don't know if they do this, but maybe they could even pull an archive of your listing up. That coupled with the pictures of it damaged should count as at least some kind of evidence. Maybe those wouldn't be enough on their own, but there's also the fact he's given several other people bad feedback for no good reason and other sellers have dealt with his nonsense. Looking at all of those together would quickly provide them with a clear picture of this guy.

Also, there's a question I've had about your buyer since near the creation of this thread, and these updates make my suspicion stronger. Does he have a psychosis-inducing mental illness or maybe some kind of mental retardation?
He could have easily read the manual/done a quick google search to find out how to use the + drive and confirm that it was there. But he didn't. Instead, he just automatically got a huge d**k up his a*s and seemed to randomly assume that you had ripped him off, and then he started his laughable, repetitive rants and raves.
If he didn't do this on purpose to f**k with people, he either has a pretty low IQ or is paranoid and delusional. The writing on the note (and the repetition in it and his emails; "Scum...you are scum!" Almost sounds like that phrase and his unexplained paranoia or butthurt could have come from his internal voices, huh? either that or his vocabularly and mental capacity are really limited) kinda reinforces that idea as well, to me at least.

(NOTE: None of this is to suggest that people suffering from mental illnesses associated with delusions/hallucinations/paranoia or people with developmental disabilities are bad. Obviously, they are living with things they didn't choose and cannot control, and most are good people who would not behave like this guy. There are bad people in every group.)

Aaron2

Post by Aaron2 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:57 am

Here's the final chapter. And it's mind-blowing.

After I got home, I removed the top cover of the machine. I noticed that there was one screw missing on the circuit board. I removed some other screws in an attempt to remove the main board to see what the problem allegedly was with the +Drive.

I noticed a piece of paper underneath the main board. It was a handwritten note, which said, "f**k you." The note had been carefully and strategically placed underneath the main board, exactly where the +Drive should have been. Remember -- this whole dispute started because he accused me of removing the +Drive prior to shipping it to him.

(Obviously, this is a picture of the note after I removed it from underneath the main board.) Speaking of the main board, I can't remove it completely because one of the screws is stripped. :x

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:57 am

Aaron2 wrote:exactly where the +Drive should have been
Wait...he removed it and kept it?
"*Automatic Gainsay, you ignorant slut." - Primal Drive

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

:happy3:

Alex E
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Jupiter-6, DX7, TX7, Juno-106, AX60, Pro One, S1000, M1r, Live 9, iMac MC309XX/A

Post by Alex E » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:50 am

Holy actual s**t.

Just... wow. I'd lawyer up if I were you. Not just to protect yourself, but to turn around and deal with this f**k er head-on.
soundcloud.com/vectron

Chewy
Gear: Alpha Juno 2, Bass Station 2, CZ-5000, DW-8000, DR-660, EA1 mk2, ES1 mk2, JP-8000, Monotribe, R-100, SH-32,
Band: Soundtrack to Psychosis

Post by Chewy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:33 am

Are you saying he actually removed the damn +Drive for himself all along? If so, don't let him get away with that s**t.

db0451

Post by db0451 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:45 am

Well, there goes just another sliver of my faith in human evolution.

I hope you win against this insane person. (I’m not meaning to use mental health as a generic insult – I really think they have severe problems and shouldn’t be allowed to do everyday things like trading until those are resolved.)

tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by tomorrowstops » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:55 am

WHAT THE f**k???

this is insane. He STOLE the +Drive???

Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:35 pm

Holy s**t Aaron. I really hope eBay will do something for you in this case, this is above and beyond a bad buyer, this is crazy!!

Have you fired it up to see if the +drive is still there?

db0451

Post by db0451 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:30 pm

Look harder. The drive has been removed and replaced with yet another insane handwritten note.

This is absurd. You should not have to refund the buyer after it has been defaced so badly and with such vitriol. I hope eBay does not take its usual buyer-weighted stance on this, seeing as that would be clearly untenable for such an unhinged buyer (who has a documented history of attacks, proving you are not making it up – although this is a new record for them).