UPDATE: eBay Buyer from h**l!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Re-Member
Gear: Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, JP-8000, MC-505, CZ-101, DX100, DX11, R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, Volca Series, Minilogue, Moog Theremin

Re: UPDATE: eBay Buyer from h**l!

Post by Re-Member » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:54 pm

PayPal and eBay are two entirely different companies though. You can dispute the transaction separately on PayPal and then provide them with all the pictures and emails as proof. It's worth a shot.

Chewy
Gear: Alpha Juno 2, Bass Station 2, CZ-5000, DW-8000, DR-660, EA1 mk2, ES1 mk2, JP-8000, Monotribe, R-100, SH-32,
Band: Soundtrack to Psychosis

Post by Chewy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:05 pm

db0451 wrote:totally agree. i am currently being denied a refund on a faulty item from a seller who waited for the grace period to expire today and then reported ME before i woke up and could report them...
Oh wow :facepalm: I also hate that, I hope it turns out well for you. I don't know what's wrong with people.

I had a buyer tell me one of the synths (Red Sound Darkstar) I sold on ebay a good while ago (at least a year ago, I think more) was defective. I checked everything before I packed it up, and it was working just fine. However, if I remember right, he was fairly civil about it and uploaded a video of the problem for me (jumpy encoders), and I took it back and gave him a refund even though I had said no refunds, because it was the right thing to do in that case. When I got it back, the encoders were indeed jumpy... dunno how that happened, but the point is some people are dicks on ebay when they don't have to be, and my experience is a good example of how things should be (with items that truly end up being "defective," at least, not talking about deceitful and messed up things like what happened to Aaron; Aaron shouldn't have to pay that guy s**t).

db0451

Post by db0451 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:14 pm

Yeah, this is similar: the fault _apparently_ did not exist before P&P. Well, to me, safe passiage in fully working order is also the seller's responsibility. but here I am, being implied I caused it somehow. I even said I'd take a 50% refund and keep it, to afford the attempted fix (parts) and inconvenience. I was given a counteroffer of about 20%... and now that the seller has opened the case before I could, I can't send any messages to them or eBay until the latter decide what they want to do. Hence why I hope they side with me. but this thread is about someone else, so I'll stop raving...

Infinity Curve
Gear: SH101, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, lots of eurorack
Band: Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:17 pm

Re-Member wrote:PayPal and eBay are two entirely different companies though. You can dispute the transaction separately on PayPal and then provide them with all the pictures and emails as proof. It's worth a shot.
E-b-a-y owns Paypal - FYI

abruzzi

Post by abruzzi » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:35 pm

Infinity Curve wrote:
Re-Member wrote:PayPal and eBay are two entirely different companies though. You can dispute the transaction separately on PayPal and then provide them with all the pictures and emails as proof. It's worth a shot.
E-b-a-y owns Paypal - FYI

Yes, though by the end of 2015 they will be split.

That said, they have different management and decision makers, so they may decide differently. not likely, but possible.

Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Post by Zamise » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:43 pm

That is criminal and low, to throw it in your face like that, deserving of a police or FBI report. Thieves belong in prison.
Last edited by Zamise on Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]

Infinity Curve
Gear: SH101, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, lots of eurorack
Band: Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Incredibly doubtful that the child company is going to go against the parent company.

yorgatron
Gear: ARP Axxe
ARP Omni I
Korg Poly-61
Korg MS-10
Korg Mini-Korg 700
Elka X-55
RMI 300A
Wurlitzer 206A
Hohner Clavinet/Pianet Duo
Casio XW-P1
Band: Asha-Med

Post by yorgatron » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:10 pm

I stopped buying & selling on eBay a long time ago. especially buying, after I was no longer allowed to pay with a money order from the post office.

I will still buy items from people here, or on other forums or auction sites, as long as I can pay with cash in person, or a money order if by mail.

JayEm
Gear: KorgPoly800 Monotron MonotronDuo MonotronDelay Monotribe VolcaBass MS20Mini MS2000 MFB522 Arturia Minibrute Yamaha CS-15D Tama TechstarTS305
Band: datapark / KNUCKLEFACE / JayEm

Post by JayEm » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:23 am

Aaron2 wrote:
Infinity Curve wrote:Problem is they already have his money. If it's anything like the last time I sold something on e-b-a-y, the funds are held until the buyer provides feedback. So whether he refunds it himself or not, they will just do the refund for him and then he is out the fees too.

The way e-b-a-y and paypal operate is borderline criminal if you ask me
eBay will debit may PayPal account. There's nothing I can do to stop the refund.
empty your account and delete all credit cards on file :p

but ultimately they'll win and you'll be out. sorry to hear that. this is a big part of why i never sell on ebay and rarely buy there.
its a good idea run by asshats too stupid to realize you need to offer fraud protection for BOTH buyer and seller.
w00t

GuyaGuy
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor
Gear: YES PLEASE!

Post by GuyaGuy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:45 pm

She doesn't mention that a part of the unit that affects functionality is now missing after it was opened. You should at least repeat that to her so that she understands that it's a case of theft, not just scuffs.
Aaron2 wrote:Now, for the final insult. eBay has demanded that I give the buyer a refund anyway. Here's the note I received this morning:
eBay wrote:Dear Aaron,

We're contacting you about the Elektron drum machine (eBay Item #: 161556478190) that you recently sold. I reviewed your email, and I understand that the buyer returned the item to you, but the manual was bent, the box was punctured, the unit has scratches and you believe the unit has been opened. I also understand that you received a note in the box as well. I'm sorry to hear that this transaction didn't go as expected. Let me explain what happens next.

eBay does not grant appeals based on the condition of the buyer's return. I know that the issue with this return was not your fault, and I appreciate that you did your part to make things right with your buyer. These kinds of problems are rare, but every online seller will encounter them at some point or another, so I hope you're not too discouraged by the situation.

I also see that you reported the buyer with your concern. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to report this situation to us. This is necessary to prevent future issues like this from happening in the future. For security reasons, we can't disclose any actions that are taken on another member's account, but if the buyer is determined to pose a risk to the eBay community, we will respond appropriately.

As the drum machine has been returned back to you we are asking that you issue a full refund to your buyer by the end of day on 2/8. If the refund is not issued within this time frame the case will be closed with a full refund being issued to your buyer. You will not be credited the final value fees if eBay is required to issue this refund to your buyer.

I know this isn't the news you were hoping to hear. Thank you for your patience and cooperation, and I wish you the best on eBay going forward.

We appreciate your help and cooperation.

Thank you for choosing eBay,

Mindy D.

eBay Customer Service

plikestechno
Gear: Lots. See sig.

Post by plikestechno » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:02 pm

She does know that he actually stole a part of the machine, right? I was told that if i didnt receive the item in the same condition i sent it that i didnt have to refund but apparently ebay is tired of losing money that way as well.

Ebay's such a scammers paradise now on both ends of the transaction.

The response from Ebay is just as disgustingly psychotic. The person writing that note is clearly dead inside. I hope whatever they get paid is worth it for their soul. If my boss told me to write that Id get up and walk out.

Ebay got tired of losing money from scammers so they passed the scammers on to us. Their greed knows no bounds. They will do anything for the mighty and all holy FVF. I wonder how many of these they deal wwith a day. I wonder what percentage of ebay and paypal transactions go to dispute and claim these days.

Id say I was done with ebay but paypals just as bad. Time to go back to the old days of cheques, money order and trust, i guess. Great cure for gas though.
Last edited by plikestechno on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Serge/Modcan A/MOTM/Frac/Phenol/Andromeda/Jupiter6Europa/OctaveCatSRM/ARPSolina/ARPPro Soloist/Pro2/Korg770/Juno60/Lambda/Anamono/Little Deformer/Integra7/Microwave1&2/Syncussion/FS1R/Microkorg/Xoxio/VL1M/JD990/MKS50/TX816/DSS1/KARP/TG33/OCoast/SC40

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Subliminal Sea

Post by ninja6485 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:04 pm

As soon as your item has been tampered with, including a note that says f**k you on the inside, it should become a matter for the police. How so you know the unit is not dangerous? And if the unit is yours, and the person damaged it, isn't that destruction of property?
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:13 pm

Scene from the police station:

"Sir, we appreciate your concern, but there's been 10 new robberies and 4 murders recently, our staff is not available"

"But man, he sent me a note that said f**k YOU on it! That's like, ILLEGAL! And he said other ANGRY WORDS!

"Sir, I understand, but we have more pressing issues to deal with *pushes the call security button under the counter*"

ppg_wavecomputer
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: more keys than hands (and feet)
Band: ['ramp]

Post by ppg_wavecomputer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Bitexion wrote: [...] *pushes the call security button under the counter*"
*Trapdoor opens in a Monty Burns-like fashion*

Stephen
"Like the light from distant stars, Stephen Parsick's music has existed for some time, but is only now reaching us on Earth." Chuck van Zyl

https://doombientmusic.bandcamp.com/

https://ramp1.bandcamp.com/

https://stephenparsick.bandcamp.com/

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Subliminal Sea

Post by ninja6485 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:02 pm

ppg_wavecomputer wrote:
Bitexion wrote: [...] *pushes the call security button under the counter*"
*Trapdoor opens in a Monty Burns-like fashion*

Stephen
Release the hounds! lol.

But seriously. Dude could have sent back a bomb, or anthrax, or rigged it so that it's dangerous when it's plugged in. Either way, he f**k up your shiz... It's the job of the Po-po to serve and protect you and you're property. If you're concerned, your concern is worth their time. You pay taxes, which pays for their services. There's no reason to be bullied out of police action just in case your claim isn't serious enough for them. Someone damaging and stealing your property is serious enough for them. :thumbleft:
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...