UPDATE: eBay Buyer from h**l!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
supermel74

Re: UPDATE: eBay Buyer from h**l!

Post by supermel74 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:25 am

In the US cops don't get involved in cases like this one. The most they would do is suggest taking the guy to court.

somebedroomdj

Post by somebedroomdj » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:29 am

Read through your thread and all I can say is wow, what a nightmare. I had a similar case recently but I won't even go into it or else I'll get worked up and ruin my whole night, no joke.

All I have to say is that it is completely f**k that sellers no longer even have the option of leaving negative feedback for piece of s**t buyers like this guy. That right there shows that they give absolutely zero f**k about sellers. I mean, not only do you get shafted but you can't even warn other sellers about it?
Tempest | Deluge | BSII | FR Revolution | SP-16
MPC Live for sale, $850 + shipping

supermel74

Post by supermel74 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:07 am

Blame that on the POS sellers that used negative feedback as retaliation even when they were clearly in the wrong. The problem here and in similar cases is that despite a mountain of evidence against this piece of s**t buyer Ebay won't do a damn thing about it. His account should be deleted from Ebay and then he should have the ever living s**t kicked out of him.

mdannyg
Gear: SCI Prophet 600, Novation Bass Station II, Roland Juno 6, Waldorf Microwave 1, Yamaha TX7, Korg Poly 800 mkII, Linndrum, SCI TOM

Post by mdannyg » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:24 am

yikes. I guess I should be happy my last buyer didn't leave me any feedback at all.

Chewy
Gear: Alpha Juno 2, Bass Station 2, CZ-5000, DW-8000, DR-660, EA1 mk2, ES1 mk2, JP-8000, Monotribe, R-100, SH-32,
Band: Soundtrack to Psychosis

Post by Chewy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:36 am

db0451 wrote:Yeah, this is similar: the fault _apparently_ did not exist before P&P. Well, to me, safe passiage in fully working order is also the seller's responsibility. but here I am, being implied I caused it somehow. I even said I'd take a 50% refund and keep it, to afford the attempted fix (parts) and inconvenience. I was given a counteroffer of about 20%... and now that the seller has opened the case before I could, I can't send any messages to them or eBay until the latter decide what they want to do. Hence why I hope they side with me. but this thread is about someone else, so I'll stop raving...
Yeah, that's messed up, you shouldn't be blamed for it and he definitely shouldn't be opening a case on you. Especially since your offer was pretty damn generous and very reasonable! I can't believe his counter was 20%. I hope they side with you too. Let us know what happens, I know this thread is about Aaron's experience, but it is at least a little related

Aaron2
Gear: Pioneer: Toraiz SP-16
Elektron: AK, AR, MnM, MD, OT
DSI: Evolver, MEK, P08, Pro2
Korg: Arp Odyssey
Waldorf: Blofeld Keyboard

Post by Aaron2 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:52 am

mdannyg wrote:yikes. I guess I should be happy my last buyer didn't leave me any feedback at all.
I wish that would've happened here. But that's also a growing trend on eBay: buyers not leaving feedback even for good transactions. I've found that, over the last couple of years, I get feedback only about 1/3 of the time. Very frustrating.

seamonkey

Post by seamonkey » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:37 pm

I wait to leave feedback until several days after I know the item has arrived, and have given the buyer plenty of time to review the item, packing, etc.
If I haven't received feedback from them, I send a friendly reminder of how I would appreciate them leaving feedback, and how I will be more than happy to leave positive feedback upon their doing the same.

Only had a few who could care less, and I guess they felt they didn't need feedback ratings.
Moog Voyager Roland D50 Ensoniq VFX-SD, Korg Wavestation Emulator II, Emax SE Plus, Korg King Korg, Korg Arp Odyssey(Whiteface), Minibrute, Takamine Acoustic Peavey Falcon electric

rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by rob_lee » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:16 pm

As the drum machine has been returned back to you we are asking that you issue a full refund to your buyer by the end of day on 2/8. If the refund is not issued within this time frame the case will be closed with a full refund being issued to your buyer. You will not be credited the final value fees if eBay is required to issue this refund to your buyer.

I know this isn't the news you were hoping to hear. Thank you for your patience and cooperation, and I wish you the best on eBay going forward.

We appreciate your help and cooperation.

Thank you for choosing eBay,

Mindy D.
First of all is this stupid cow on glue or something? Did she even consider the F**K YOU note that bum left you and the fact that he opened up the unit? Is there no way to stop eBay taking your money? Maybe contact your bank and explain so they stop eBay and their imbecile behaviour? This guy seems crazy to say the least, what a C**T!

supermel74 wrote: His account should be deleted from Ebay and then he should have the ever living s**t kicked out of him.
THIS

Sorry your in the US mate if you'd been in the UK I'd have suggested we get this guys address from the paypal payment then drive down his place and drag him down the local music store with his credit card and buy us both a brand new machine drum each then take another $1000 each just for our troubles. No need for cops involved we tend to sort our own business out here.

Again sorry for your troubles mate, eBay sucks big time. We should all bid on the next item this guy lists then don't pay the MUG after end of auction.

What a d**k!

Rob

phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

Post by phesago » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:05 pm

rob_lee wrote:
supermel74 wrote: His account should be deleted from Ebay and then he should have the ever living s**t kicked out of him.
THIS
i offered to ship the guy a box of feces :lol:

rschnier
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by rschnier » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:31 pm

While serving him with a small-claims court action would involve some time and expense (perhaps more than the unit is worth), consider the potential benefit of assuaging the torture your soul has endured.

I mentioned to my spouse the other day, lately I feel like either I'm getting old or the world is truly starting to go to h**l. Case in point.
-- R.