Prophet 6

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
moremagic
Gear: electribe er-1, sp-303, sp-404sx, s612, nuo 2, sl-1200 mk ii, beatstep, eurorack, tb-03, vx-99

Re: Prophet 6

Post by moremagic » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:34 am

^^^ have you tried updating the firmware? the dsi site mentions 1.1.0 as adding 'Full USB Support!'
im glad i cant afford one because the kbd tracking on the filters being relegated to on/off switches is a huge turnoff for me. its not like they couldnt spare the ram to store a pot value instead of just a bit for the switch status, which i guess was a concern a million years ago making the p5
i love playing the filters resonating on the polysix while dialing the tracking up and down, making chords go wild and nonsense, and a polysynth with 2 rez filters/voice to do that would be so amazing

solitud
Gear: Ghosts and Ghouls

Re: Prophet 6

Post by solitud » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:27 am

moremagic wrote:^^^ have you tried updating the firmware? the dsi site mentions 1.1.0 as adding 'Full USB Support!'
yes, I have this firmware installed. Problem persists :(
moremagic wrote: im glad i cant afford one because the kbd tracking on the filters being relegated to on/off switches is a huge turnoff for me. its not like they couldnt spare the ram to store a pot value instead of just a bit for the switch status, which i guess was a concern a million years ago making the p5
i love playing the filters resonating on the polysix while dialing the tracking up and down, making chords go wild and nonsense, and a polysynth with 2 rez filters/voice to do that would be so amazing
I know what you mean. You will find many missing features if you look for them. Besides the kbdtracking others have mentioned *week* resonance of the 12db highpass, missing destinations in poly mod, missing second lfo, keyboard too short, etc.

What I have found out:
If you do not care what is missing but enjoy what is there this synth is just fantastic.
Soundwise and from a userinterface perspective.