Alesis Micron (Akai Miniak) - Patch a Day blog

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Alesis Micron (Akai Miniak) - Patch a Day blog

Postby ghostly606 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:56 am

After a 5 year hiatus my Micron Patch a Day blog is now back up and running. Been on a bit of a synth journey of late and actually sold my Microbrute to get the Micron again. Yeah it's a pain to programme the Micron in comparison but I get enough analogue monosynth joy from my Volca Bass and Volca Keys.

The aim of the blog is to create a unique patch every day and share with the wider Micron community. Since my blog went down in 2010 the Miniak has been released and I am assuming as they share the same architecture that the patches will work on either synth.

Anyway, if you want to receive a new patch daily (or almost daily!) then check it out. Contributors / comments more than welcome!

Anyway, check out my blog:

Alesis Micron - Patch a Day
ghostly606

Re: Alesis Micron (Akai Miniak) - Patch a Day blog

Postby wakerickman » Mon May 11, 2015 12:26 am

just a qick note, im looking for an editor/librarian for my miniak, as alesis have genarously refraind from supplying one with the synth. or when i say editor/librarian i rearly only need the librarian as though its very slow work programing it from its far from ideal display, [now become quite an exspert at it ] ive had great success in creating approx 150 patches of real "famous players patches" the synth on youtube/everywear claimed it was all ready programed with all the best sounds by bug names etc so/and as i am a big fan of rickwakemans sounds [of witch there are of preciscly none all ready preprogramed despite dozans of the patches were named with wakemanesk name titles] spent maybe 100 - 200 hours programing them plus loads of my own.ive found that non of the synths ive owned preprogramed not one as ever had even one "proper compleat" wakeman style filter sweep any way id love your opinion on that an if you can direct me to a librarian, because, in case of any poossabillity that the eeprom memory crashes and i loose my sounds, as such things do happen with computerised gear cheers wakerickman
wakerickman

Gear: gw8,juno di,juno stage,yamaha p35, umx61, proteus 2000,korg volca bass/alesis keytar, 2 roland kc 550/ kc350 amp, PA/lights, van
Band: still looking

Postby laurencent » Mon May 11, 2015 4:03 am

Last edited by laurencent on Thu May 14, 2015 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
laurencent

Postby Hugo76 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:40 pm

Regarding editor's, there is one called Megamicron for the iPad:
http://www.promusicapps.com/megamicron/

Here's one for pc:
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2013/ ... on-editor/
Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Return to General Synthesizers