Novation Bass Station 2 : Polyphony & Connectivity

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Novation Bass Station 2 : Polyphony & Connectivity

Postby mana » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:53 pm

Hello,

I couldn't find the answer in the user's manual. The first Bass Station and Bass Station Rack (BSR) from the 90s had the option to activate a "polyphony" option when connecting multiple BSRs on the same MIDI line. The first BSR would receive all the notes from the computer or MIDI keyboard, play the first note (as it is a monophonic synth) then send the remaining notes to the second BSR's MIDI in, which would play the second note and send the others onward, etc.

Is it possible to do the same with the Bass Station 2? Can I connect a BSR to a BS2 and make it behave this way? Can you tweak two BS2s at the same time by sending the signal from one to the other?
mana

Re: Novation Bass Station 2 : Polyphony & Connectivity

Postby meatballfulton » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:16 pm

There is no reference to polyphony in the BS2 manual, nor have I heard any mention of such a feature.

The BS2 has very little in common with the original BS.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9

Postby Club Mayz » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:57 pm

Yes! :idea: I was thinking about this last night!

So, the option that was in the original BS is not in the BS2 anymore, but maybe there exists a kind of external midi device that can do this?

If it was possible, it could still be possible with some kind of bypass or hack?

:?:
Club Mayz

Postby meatballfulton » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:39 pm

Future Retro Mondovox, recently discontinued, lets you chain together multiple monosynths for polyphonic playing.

It was selling for $300 new. I'm sure used prices are already rising :oops:

Watch on youtube.com
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9

Return to General Synthesizers