Greetings From Yamaha USA Pro Music Customer Support

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
seamonkey

Re: Greetings From Yamaha USA Pro Music Customer Support

Post by seamonkey » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:23 am

commodorejohn wrote:
seamonkey wrote:I feel like I just had bad sex and didn't even get a smoke afterwards.
Well, it would be bad for the synths, you know.
I've had sex in quite a few places over the years, but my studio is not one of them.
It would make me feel uncomfortable, like they were watching or something.
Kind of like when the cat walks into the room.
Moog Voyager Roland D50 Ensoniq VFX-SD, Korg Wavestation Emulator II, Emax SE Plus, Korg King Korg, Korg Arp Odyssey(Whiteface), Minibrute, Takamine Acoustic Peavey Falcon electric

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: A hybrid of vintage and modern junk
Band: Variar

Post by Jabberwalky » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:50 am

Who knows? Maybe they actually have something lined up. They have at least been paying attention to the community.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:14 am

Jabberwalky wrote:Who knows? Maybe they actually have something lined up. They have at least been paying attention to the community.
I don't know about that, seems more like they just realised there was a community when people (the kind of people who usually ignore what the big three put out) started going nuts about the new Roland modules at Messe. Seems to me like someone higher up told the Yamaha CS team to "go make a connection with the community" and they're ticking that box with this one post.

They haven't been on the forum since the majority of these replies were posted. We're basically talking to ourselves here.

knolan
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by knolan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:09 am

coastalscrub wrote:Aside from wanting Yamaha to re-enter analog synth land, this is also a great idea for combining the best of Yamaha's digital synth technologies:

Absolutely love this guy - his reviews are simply astounding -and this one shows very well the rich legacy of Yamaha synths.

I recommend you check out his demo of a real Minimoog and Arturia's MinimoogV - it'll convince yo that in the hands of a real player, Arturia's is pretty dam well close!

And - welcome Bob - great to hear from Yamaha. I'm a user of many amazing Yamaha synths - looking forward to some future releases of Yamaha synths as only Yamaha can do it!!

Very best,
Kevin.

Aaron2
Gear: Pioneer: Toraiz SP-16
Elektron: AK, AR, MnM, MD, OT
DSI: Evolver, MEK, P08, Pro2
Korg: Arp Odyssey
Waldorf: Blofeld Keyboard

Post by Aaron2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:25 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:This thread is exactly on the border line of being spam so what do you expect?
I agree. It's a totally random, bizarre post. And probably spam.

yorgatron
Gear: ARP Axxe
ARP Omni I
Korg Poly-61
Korg MS-10
Korg Mini-Korg 700
Elka X-55
RMI 300A
Wurlitzer 206A
Hohner Clavinet/Pianet Duo
Casio XW-P1
Band: Asha-Med

Post by yorgatron » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:50 am

here's the thing Bob, you need to come in here as yourself, not as a corporate entity.

Then tell us who you work for, and why you've decided to join us in here.

I know it's hard out there, and you need to ask around about what people want in a synth, but there are no easy answers in here either.

also, did it ever occur to you that we might want to hear about what synths you have (I assume they're all Yamahas) and what kind of music you make. because that's what's really going on here. we're musicians, and we like to talk about the gear we have, and why we like it.

mmp
Gear: VS VL-1 Varios VoyagerRME MinimoogD CS60 SY-2 Kronos M3X MW1 2600 PS3100 DV-800 Z1 Chroma XT Blofeld k5K PolyMoog Avatar MS20 PE-1000 P6 OB6 m4000d
Band: Iberquez

Post by mmp » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:27 am

Welcome to our little village. Nevermind the pitchforks & torches.
Michael McInnis Productions
www.mm-pro.com

knolan
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by knolan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:04 pm

I agree with mmp - this is an open forum - Bob's as entitled as anyone to be here - even as a representative of a corporate entity - once he follows the forum rules like anyone else. This isn't a forum for just musicians and there is no owness to "explain yourself"- it's for synthesists too (some do sound design on 1960's modulars, so do DJ'ing on 2015 plugins); and it's for passers by with no qualified explanation needed as to why they joined.

In my opinion, there are not enough healthy interactions with synth companies on this forum - they could contribute a great deal - but this forum has a history of members attacking posts quite frequently aggressively with minimal moderation (it's in the 'culture' of this forum) so I suspect that's part of the reason why it hasn't happened much.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:54 pm

mmp wrote:Welcome to our little village. Nevermind the pitchforks & torches.
LOL! Well put.

zukskywalker

Post by zukskywalker » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi Bob!

Tell the folks we said thanks for Synth Book.
And, can we get the updated AN2015 in the US store?
(And while you're at it, an FS2015 or SY2015 would be nice too.)

seamonkey

Post by seamonkey » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:43 pm

knolan wrote:I agree with mmp - this is an open forum - Bob's as entitled as anyone to be here - even as a representative of a corporate entity - once he follows the forum rules like anyone else. This isn't a forum for just musicians and there is no owness to "explain yourself"- it's for synthesists too (some do sound design on 1960's modulars, so do DJ'ing on 2015 plugins); and it's for passers by with no qualified explanation needed as to why they joined.

In my opinion, there are not enough healthy interactions with synth companies on this forum - they could contribute a great deal - but this forum has a history of members attacking posts quite frequently aggressively with minimal moderation (it's in the 'culture' of this forum) so I suspect that's part of the reason why it hasn't happened much.
I'm sorry, I have to disagree.
Bob, posted here as a representative of a very large corporation.
I think most of us know by now how to contact customer support, and that was generally the content of his post, and to drop the name Yamaha USA Pro Music CORPORATION onto the board.
As Stab has said, it borders on spam, and according to the forum rules posted by my friend Jack Spider(where is Jack btw?) it would be considered a no no as spam.
And also, as Stab wrote, there has been no further interaction on the board with members here since the initial post.
It really in my opinion is free advertising that draws attention to the Yamaha name, for a wealthy corporation.

Keep in mind please, had Bob registered as Bob, we may not be having this debate, but his user name is Yamaha Synths. Also, had someone posted problems or questions regarding a Yamaha synthesizer and BOB joined and provided information and a solution to a user's problems, than that also is something else.

I think in general the members here have been quite cordial, and in fact most commented with humor.
I think in some other forums, Bob would've been swimming with da fishes.

Btw, I happen to like the Motif series. Had a Motif XF for a while, and I think it's overall sound and analog va is very good. I just don't get on with pristine sounding keyboards anymore, and prefer the gritty sound of older gear, even the digital stuff. Must be these old ears are accustomed to it. ;)

At any rate, life is too short to get our panties all tightened up over Bob.
Just wanted to respond to the pitchforks thing, cause I think everyone wasn't that bad. :)
Moog Voyager Roland D50 Ensoniq VFX-SD, Korg Wavestation Emulator II, Emax SE Plus, Korg King Korg, Korg Arp Odyssey(Whiteface), Minibrute, Takamine Acoustic Peavey Falcon electric

StepLogik
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Vorpal Sword, Chain Mail +3, Ring of Invisibility, Staff of the Magi, Boots of Speed

Post by StepLogik » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:51 pm

A marketing project manager walks into a meeting room. Tired, overworked employees sip watery corporate coffee and make smalltalk with coworkers they secretly hate. The project manager calls the meeting to order.

The project manager begins to speak: "We need to start engaging with our customers on this internet thing. Sales of our synthesizers are plummeting and we need to find out which organ and harpsichord sounds they don't like so we can update our sound library. I've asked the web team from our marketing research dept to pull a list of web forums, blogs and social media sites that we can engage with. We'll divide these up and each of you can engage with your internet "territory". We'll draw straws to see who gets to engage with which internet sites."

Bob drew "Vintage Synth Explorer".

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:17 pm

Sometimes I wonder if this forum is 4chan. This is embarassing.

mmp
Gear: VS VL-1 Varios VoyagerRME MinimoogD CS60 SY-2 Kronos M3X MW1 2600 PS3100 DV-800 Z1 Chroma XT Blofeld k5K PolyMoog Avatar MS20 PE-1000 P6 OB6 m4000d
Band: Iberquez

Post by mmp » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:31 pm

For me, the possibility of a line of communication with one of the major synth manufacturers is worth excusing some errors of decorum. If it was a post from a potato chip company, I would see that as spam.

But, by all means, make up stories about the man's intentions & reasons for posting. That will go a long way towards opening a dialogue.

I stand by the pitchfork comment.

I don't see how any of this speculative small talk fosters communication or good will.

O.K. back to the previously scheduled wrist slapping.
Michael McInnis Productions
www.mm-pro.com

StepLogik
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Vorpal Sword, Chain Mail +3, Ring of Invisibility, Staff of the Magi, Boots of Speed

Post by StepLogik » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:56 pm

mmp wrote: I stand by the pitchfork comment.
No need to get all butthurt over it :D Most of this is just good-natured ribbing from cynical synth nerds.

Enjoy the laughs and take it easy. 8-)