yamaha tg500 card help

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

yamaha tg500 card help

Postby phineus_ii » Thu May 14, 2015 4:42 pm

So I recently got 2 cards, a 'data' card and a 'wavecard' off that ol' ebay ........... got them yesterday, slotted them in....... now what? I can't even seem to access the new waveforms. It's an official yamaha card too.
I read the PDF and it says on page 5 "wave" of utility you can just dump the wave data into it off the card? but page 5 doesn't show up it stops at page 4 "card"

thanks guys. I'm sure there's a few tg500 maybe even sy85 fans/owners here too.
phineus_ii

Re: yamaha tg500 card help

Postby desmond » Thu May 14, 2015 6:03 pm

I think the "wave" thing you're looking at is the user installed sample ram - of which you don't have any.

(I have an RM50 with sample ram I used to MIDI SDS samples into back in the day - the RM50 is essentially the same box with a slightly different focus).

As far as waveforms from the card, you should be able to choose them as a source wave just like any other (you might have to switch banks or something). The data card just contains new patches, many of which will have sounds that refer to the card waves, so if you're not sure how to access them, take a look at some of the patches on the data card and see how they are referring to the card waves.
desmond

Re: yamaha tg500 card help

Postby phineus_ii » Thu May 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Hmmm, I think I found the cards waveforms but there were the least existing things I've heard. even the internal ones sound better. and there's only 16 new waveforms.
Ok guys DON'T bother with yamaha 'rock & pop 2'
phineus_ii

Return to General Synthesizers