Roland JV-1080 JV1080 Editor freeware by akatuystudio

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
WolverineSmith

Re: Roland JV-1080 JV1080 Editor freeware by akatuystudio

Post by WolverineSmith » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:25 pm

This editor is incredible. It didn’t take me very long to get it connected and figure out how to access all of the pages and parameters. I am blown away. I thoughtI’d never find an interface like this and would have to continue to edit the Roland via that little LCD screen, which is frustrating as h**l.

I only wish I could find something similar for my Roland VG-8 Guitar System. The same thing. Massive amounts of editing on a tiny LCD screen. This one is worse because it’s design like a pedalboard and lies on the floor. It is a back killer for sure. I’m not as young as I used to be.

I want to thank you so much for this awesome interface. The position of my rack is not very easy to reach, having to stretch over 2 levels of keyboards

I was thinking of dumping the JV1080 because it was so difficult to edit until I did a search and found your program. I did the search in desperation, never really believing I would find such a thing. I had checked Roland’s site and they had nothing of the sort. You would think Roland should have made something like this.

You did such a wonderful job making this editor very intuitive. Everything is laid out well and makes perfect sense. Thanks again for providing this.

vintagelalo

Post by vintagelalo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:18 pm

the editor is incredible as mentioned many times in the thread. I don't know if its something to do with my computer or is this app not compatible with OSX Mojave. I installed java as suggested when I opened the app but now the only I see is greyed out square where the UI was with words like (umenu) (textedit) etc.

please help. Image

rmcguinness

Post by rmcguinness » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:10 pm

Thanks so much for creating the editor - I love it ! Have you any plans to update your software to 64bit for Mac OS Catalina ?