Poindexters equipment..?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
princefan3

Poindexters equipment..?

Post by princefan3 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:01 pm

Hi all was just wondering if anybody can elaborate on his equipment list..

I've herd...202...casio cz101....dx21 or dx100...tr 505...tr 808...tr 909...tr 707...rz1 casio.

I like the use of reverse samples what do you think he would have used for this.

I was looking at trying to get a yamaha vss30 midied up as has reverse is cheap and portable battery.

Any help guys would be most welcomed..Thanks.

edfunction
Gear: sh-101, monomachine, nordmodular, esx1, nova, jx3p, jx8p, prophet vs, dx200

Re: Poindexters equipment..?

Post by edfunction » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:43 pm

Not helpful but my guess is the usual suspects from the time. Aside from the normal drum machines, whatever sampler was cheap enough.

I assume a lot of these guys would have shared samplers between eachother (being probably the most expensive part at the time). Anything from the era would work, try and get a mirage maybe. People can't seem to give them away, I got offered one for free but it would have to be sent and too big and unpractical for me.

I think you can't go wrong with a Korg ESX for this kind of stuff, not from the time but with samplers I don't see the benefit going vintage unless it's a workflow limitation thing.