Korg Wavestation Firmware OS v3.19

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Yekuku
Gear: dk'tronics speech synthesizer :P

Korg Wavestation Firmware OS v3.19

Post by Yekuku » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:54 pm

A fellow VSEer requested this via pm and I thought that I should share it here, so that other users could benefit from it too.
Here is the latest firmware v3.19 for the Wavestation keyboard, compatible with the original and the EX version.
You will need 2 pieces of 27C1000-15Z ( 150ns or faster).
If anyone happens to burn any spares , I would love to have a pair :)
It is all about sharing...

seamonkey

Re: Korg Wavestation Firmware OS v3.19

Post by seamonkey » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:23 pm

Why not just buy the upgrade here, the price seems very reasonable.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Korg-Wavestatio ... 1482650062
Moog Voyager Roland D50 Ensoniq VFX-SD, Korg Wavestation Emulator II, Emax SE Plus, Korg King Korg, Korg Arp Odyssey(Whiteface), Minibrute, Takamine Acoustic Peavey Falcon electric

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.
Band: Minim

Post by madtheory » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Will this work in the plugin? ;)

synthRodriguez
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Moog - Roland - Yamaha

Post by synthRodriguez » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:02 pm

Version update works, thanks!

Had to cobble-together a contraption to swap out the Pin 2 and Pin 24 assignments on the odd Fujitsu MBM27C1000 chips, but in the end it worked fine.

I erased and reprogrammed the chips from the machine so I don't have any spares, sorry!

Thanks again!

Scott

aeromafia

Post by aeromafia » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:37 am

Won't you happen to have also the files for the four EPROMs that can be added to upgrade an early WS to an EX?

Regarding the hardware, there are many companies on the Web that sell used chips already burned with the file you send to them (for something like 3 euros per chip). It is the only plug and play solution, since the chips are the original part numbers used by Korg. No messing with the pins!

Thanks and regards!

jxalex
Gear: enough

Post by jxalex » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:42 am

Yekuku wrote:A fellow VSEer requested this via pm and I thought that I should share it here, so that other users could benefit from it too.
Here is the latest firmware v3.19 for the Wavestation keyboard, compatible with the original and the EX version.
You will need 2 pieces of 27C1000-15Z ( 150ns or faster).
If anyone happens to burn any spares , I would love to have a pair :)
little derailing a bit (and asking in another thread too) ...

by any chance is there possibility to get again that file, becouse tinyuploads and all other servers do not keep them as long as they should be... :D

HOwever... I am interested about getting for Wavestation A/D the firmware which is v1.18 or better. :) for a hardware synth of course. :)

jxalex

Post by jxalex » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:43 am

the EPROMs are easily affordable from chinese sellers and programmer too :)

Yekuku

Post by Yekuku » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:30 pm

jxalex wrote:
little derailing a bit (and asking in another thread too) ...

by any chance is there possibility to get again that file, becouse tinyuploads and all other servers do not keep them as long as they should be... :D

HOwever... I am interested about getting for Wavestation A/D the firmware which is v1.18 or better. :) for a hardware synth of course. :)
Hi Alex,
Sorry I dont have Wavestation A/D firmware.
I have reuploaded the firmware here

jxalex

Post by jxalex » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:58 pm

ok, question, how it went, did you got your pair? Still interested?

what is the exact reason you cant burn them yourself? just out of curiosity.

I just ask becouse So I know how many these blank eproms I have to order..
you can get your set with eprom price plus the shipping couple dollars. ;)
Last edited by jxalex on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jxalex

Post by jxalex » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:02 pm

seamonkey wrote:Why not just buy the upgrade here, the price seems very reasonable.
40USD plus 18 USD shipping? totally overpriced. Do they really hate vintage synth colleauges?
the eproms do not cost so much, also it is not so much work.
it is neither their own creation nor property.
also they do not share these eprom files if asked.

I can burn them for a 2 USD for these chips and 1..2 USD for shipping. Especially if someone will send me some EPROMs back later to burn ;)

Yekuku

Post by Yekuku » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:32 pm

jxalex wrote:ok, question, how it went, did you got your pair? Still interested?

Thank you very much for your offer Alex, I really appreciate it!
To be honest , no I havent burnt anything yet and the reason is actually laziness, there is no need to send me any eproms.
I have a programmer but I dont have enough free time to work with things that I am interested in.
Thanks again for your offer, if I have any problem with my programmer in the future, I will contact you :)

Rasputin

Post by Rasputin » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:33 am

Here's a mirror of the aforementioned firmware binaries, for future use...

Korg Wavestation and Wavestation EX v3.19: http://dbwbp.com/index.php/9-misc/37-synth-eprom-dumps
Korg Wavestation AD v1.25:

Wavestation to Wavestation EX PCM upgrade ROMs need to be archived by someone at some point though.

Rasputin

Post by Rasputin » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:41 am

jxalex wrote:
seamonkey wrote:Why not just buy the upgrade here, the price seems very reasonable.
40USD plus 18 USD shipping? totally overpriced. Do they really hate vintage synth colleauges?
the eproms do not cost so much, also it is not so much work.
it is neither their own creation nor property.
also they do not share these eprom files if asked.

I can burn them for a 2 USD for these chips and 1..2 USD for shipping. Especially if someone will send me some EPROMs back later to burn ;)
Amen.

That kind of stuff pisses me off too. The thing that amazes me is that the people that are actually desperate enough to buy those black market ripoff chips don't take the time to read them and share them with everyone else to save their fellow hobbyists the time and effort. As if the bootleggers have a right to make $$$ of vintage out-of-print stuff they have zero license to reproduce.

jxalex

Post by jxalex » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 am

Yekuku wrote:
jxalex wrote:ok, question, how it went, did you got your pair? Still interested?

Thank you very much for your offer Alex, I really appreciate it!
To be honest , no I havent burnt anything yet and the reason is actually laziness, there is no need to send me any eproms.
I have a programmer but I dont have enough free time to work with things that I am interested in.
Thanks again for your offer, if I have any problem with my programmer in the future, I will contact you :)
well if it is so that you have both programmer and blank chips at the desk handy, then really there is no need. :D
To me it is not such much effort to put a 1..2 chips in a programmer and then to drop off in a mailbox which is 300 meters from me for just a price of chips and mail shipping as I said. Not interested getting rich from EPROM burning.

but with 16-bit eproms it is little bit more effort as I have to power on different machine for this -- no problem just take a contact.

jxalex

Post by jxalex » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:37 am

Rasputin wrote:The thing that amazes me is that the people that are actually desperate enough to buy those black market ripoff chips don't take the time to read them and share them with everyone else to save their fellow hobbyists the time and effort. As if the bootleggers have a right to make $$$ of vintage out-of-print stuff they have zero license to reproduce.
well, things are going to change I hope and I have some eprom firmwares more (JX10 2.35 SE) but I have to check it at first.

Still, just when putting online the files arrange a bit -- MKS50 version 2.10 is the same as 1.02, it is a typo. I noticed it when I got that file it is the same as my 1.02 in my synthesizer. So there is no 2.10 version.

Why not just becouse of this part of the time a year to post a chip programming BuyNow for $5 which is just a price for all 3 chips itself when it is about MKS-70 v1.8 firmware? :) AND to make it even more affordable, to add a note that they can feel free to ask the files themself if they have a programmer or planning to get it. :D
It is just like a box of pepparcakes in a shop in Sweden where is written "cook yourself too!" and which are best sort, popular while recipe is no secret and yet no problems at the market. :D

EPROM programming does not take so much time and shipping does not cost so much than posting a nicely packed coin overseas in a envelope :D So, why not? :D

When it is about money then I guess in this area there are no customers complaining, only other rivals.

by the way about that archive:
WHen these latest ones you add in there too (Roland D550 v1.02 and Wavestation A/D 1.25 ? )
Archive still needs somewhat arranging (for example MKS50 firmware 2.10 and 1.02 is the same file inside archive.